2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think the team is as happy with our receivers as they pretend to be be. We didn't have any 1000 yard receivers in '19. We signed, then lost Mitchell to upgrade the receiver spot. Then we signed Meredith as a probable upgrade and he got injured early in TC. There are still a bunch of new receivers in camp. Are they pushing the vets for spots? Who knows? The media isn't giving us much info.

FWIW, the last 2 Grey Cup winners doesn't have a 1000-yd receiver. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Grant was a better returner probably, but Nelson was a better receiver I think. So no easy answers. 

Neither has done anything of note at receiver (Nelson 4 career catches in 2 seasons, Grant 2 catches in 1 season), but Grant was huge on special teams (14.4 yard average on punt returns, 3 TDS). If this is about who should be the dedicated returner based on past results, Grant is the easy choice, and Nelson has not offered much of anything at receiver to close that gap. Having said that, it’s a new season and I have no intel on how they are each doing at camp. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Monday the release of eight players ahead of Friday’s 10 p.m. ET cut down deadline.

National linebacker Robbie Lowes
American lineman Dino Boyd
American defensive back Ranthony Texada
American defensive back Sam Williams
American defensive back Hakeem Bailey
American defensive back Jhavonte Dean
American defensive back Prince Robinson
American defensive back Josh Allen

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Monday the release of eight players ahead of Friday’s 10 p.m. ET cut down deadline.

National linebacker Robbie Lowes
American lineman Dino Boyd
American defensive back Ranthony Texada
American defensive back Sam Williams
American defensive back Hakeem Bailey
American defensive back Jhavonte Dean
American defensive back Prince Robinson
American defensive back Josh Allen

Oh no! Now we only have 43 DB's in camp!

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

You have to keep Grant. He was the best KR/PR in the league once he took over. 

Wait, I though that was Williams from the ticats... oh wait no... he was the guy who was clubbed by his own player by Thiadric... 

QuerulousTheseBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

All I heard about all game was how awesome, dynamic and what a game changer Williams was... that stopped after that hit- made me very happy 😂 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Wait, I though that was Williams from the ticats... oh wait no... he was the guy who was clubbed by his own player by Thiadric... 

QuerulousTheseBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

Greatest hit in recent Bomber history? I think so. Right up there with when Terry Ray made Pat Woodcock puke anyway.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Greatest hit in recent Bomber history? I think so. Right up there with when Terry Ray made Pat Woodcock puke anyway.

It happened right after the Harris touchdown too, was just a huge moment. I was at the far end of the stadium but there was an audible gasp from the crowd at how impressive the hit was.

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

This was amazing, and the moment was special. But that hit on SSK fullback from Bowman was maybe the biggest hit I've ever seen live.

Edited by Bigblue204

49 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This was amazing, and the moment was special. But that hit on SSK fullback from Bowman was maybe the biggest hit I've ever seen live.

This one was my favorite for a long time because it was against the Riders and it pretty much put a wrap on Szarka's career (nothing personal against him but all the talk from the dirty 4 stripes about him being anywhere close to the same level as Mike Sellers always left a bad taste in my mouth).

Hansen's hit is my new favorite though... you could hear it across McMahon stadium!

12 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if there would be an interest in Naman Roosevelt who was released by the Als but would have familiarity with Collaros. 

Meh...who is he going to replace? We have solid vets in the rec core and he just doesn't have the upside like a Dressler or Matthews did. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Ott but other than that I think he might be done.

5 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think the team is as happy with our receivers as they pretend to be be. We didn't have any 1000 yard receivers in '19. We signed, then lost Mitchell to upgrade the receiver spot. Then we signed Meredith as a probable upgrade and he got injured early in TC. There are still a bunch of new receivers in camp. Are they pushing the vets for spots? Who knows? The media isn't giving us much info.

giphy.gif

I thought you'd have showed some patience by waiting at least to the second series of the first game of the regular season before making that declaration. Never satisfied. Always finding something to crticize.  Nothing's ever good enough. Here's to you, T Burg.  

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

giphy.gif

I thought you'd have showed some patience by waiting at least to the second series of the first game of the regular season before making that declaration. Never satisfied. Always finding something to crticize.  Nothing's ever good enough. Here's to you, T Burg.  

I see you're still complaining about the poster instead of commenting on the content. Mid season form for you.

FTR: Do you think the Bombers are happy with the receivers? You know.... what my post was actually about.

17 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This one was my favorite for a long time because it was against the Riders and it pretty much put a wrap on Szarka's career (nothing personal against him but all the talk from the dirty 4 stripes about him being anywhere close to the same level as Mike Sellers always left a bad taste in my mouth).

Hansen's hit is my new favorite though... you could hear it across McMahon stadium!

I will be angry about that as long as I live. 17to85 and I have a friend that is the most die-hard 4-stripe I've ever known, and he was all aboard that wagon......I'll never let it go. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Oh man the flood of greenies proclaiming that szarka was better then that both there rbs were better than blink was endless. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if there would be an interest in Naman Roosevelt who was released by the Als but would have familiarity with Collaros. 

A few decent vet wrs available in fa right now but pretty much all of them are high basement low ceiling guys. I think most of them at best would be replacement level for the guys we have.

If Darvin and Meredith are gonna miss a few regular season games we might look at picking up some one but even then I don't think the person we'd pick up would be a starter. 

Every team in the league should be in the market for an elite wr. Especially any team that doesn't have an elite wr. But short of that I don't see us as a buyer in the wr market. We are very deep. And the heavy change to our passing game this year could see Darvin return to being elite or close to it and Lawler as well.