2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

ย 
๐——๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—•๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
ย 
@DarrinBauming
ยท 4h
Opening team session, offence drives down the field and out comes Marc Liegghio. Good from 42.

Second drive, and out comes Tyler Crapigna. Miss from 42.
ย 
Both just hit from 52. Itโ€™s clear to me Liegghio has the stronger leg โ€” also havenโ€™t seen him miss any of his roughly six kicks today.

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You forget that when henfirst got here Nichols was moving the ball down field tremendously. Not like check down all the time willy... who also started well before become captain checkdown. Pattern played out the same with every qb. Lapo causes it. Time to stop pretending otherwise.

Two players that after getting hurt changed completely in how they played.ย  ย I see you didn't watch the games that Streveler played in his first season with us and you didn't watch Zach who with the exact same players and with the exact same scheme were able to push the ball down the field.ย ย 

If you get a chance re-watch some old games and see that Nichols played like a scared man and Willy the same.ย  ย  ย If you need evidence that you are wrong then watch the Grey Cup and see just how wrong you are.ย  Do I need to prove you wrong again and bring up the old post where I showed the sharp decline in stats from Nichols after his second last injury with us? In which pre injury he was getting 250 - 325 yards per game and then post injury he averaged under 200.

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

I believe with Harris it's a left knee issue of some type...seen a brace on him, so I would say an MCL strain of some sort, as he is running around with no apparent limp

Yikes...MCL/ACL stuff never good. How long you figure that'll hold him out?ย 

ย Its not an acl or he'd be done..and not running around and as an RB couldn't play with even a minor one with a brace .he'd be garbage.

MCL mild to even total tear u can play through actually..and with a brace risk minimal to no further damage...but I think it prob just a minor strain as opposed to a tear and they just being precautions with it..and if we had a game tomorrow..I would be certain he'd be playing.

Better to let it heal now so it doesn't linger and he doesn't need the reps..he knows his gig

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

All I am hearing is you echo my sentiment that the longer qbs play for lapo the more they become scared timid dump off passers. Streveler is another example to proof the point.

ย 

But no lapo is a genius right? Guy is a loser and we won in spite of him not because of him.

ย 

The longer a qb is in a system the better they will get at it but also the system and play calling will play to their strengths.ย 

Plop isn't a genius and Nichols was not a top tier qb. And the combination of the two accentuated their weaknesses.ย 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Two players that after getting hurt changed completely in how they played.ย  ย I see you didn't watch the games that Streveler played in his first season with us and you didn't watch Zach who with the exact same players and with the exact same scheme were able to push the ball down the field.ย ย 

If you get a chance re-watch some old games and see that Nichols played like a scared man and Willy the same.ย  ย  ย If you need evidence that you are wrong then watch the Grey Cup and see just how wrong you are.ย  Do I need to prove you wrong again and bring up the old post where I showed the sharp decline in stats from Nichols after his second last injury with us? In which pre injury he was getting 250 - 325 yards per game and then post injury he averaged under 200.

Willy got shell shocked from constant pressure and ruined. Nichols decay imo stems in part from his injury and playing hurt and was amplified by the play off hump and treatment when the offense struggled. The booing really seemed to mess with him and I think it was totally acceptable that if we won the performance was good enough.ย 

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:
ย 
๐——๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—•๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
ย 
@DarrinBauming
ยท 4h
Opening team session, offence drives down the field and out comes Marc Liegghio. Good from 42.

Second drive, and out comes Tyler Crapigna. Miss from 42.
ย 
Both just hit from 52. Itโ€™s clear to me Liegghio has the stronger leg โ€” also havenโ€™t seen him miss any of his roughly six kicks today.

Pretty easy for a rookie to get spooked because this is the Big League and psych himself out.

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If the team was high on him, it might be one of those "go home, heal up and we'll see what happens" kind of thing.

Sooooo....they threw the Christian to the lions?

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Plop isn't a genius and Nichols was not a top tier qb. And the combination of the two accentuated their weaknesses.ย 

This is not about whether or not Nichols was a top tier qb. I don't know anyone willing to make that claim. This is about not letting qbs take all the heat for Lapos issues as a coach. Guy is a terrible play caller and his teams suffer for it.ย 

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is not about whether or not Nichols was a top tier qb. I don't know anyone willing to make that claim. This is about not letting qbs take all the heat for Lapos issues as a coach. Guy is a terrible play caller and his teams suffer for it.ย 

Drew Willy would have loved playing behind the OL that Nichols had. He might still be playing. Nichols got hurt but the guys in front worked their asses off to protect him. Nichos started holding onto the ball too long missing opportunities to throw the ball.

Every qb no matter how good his line is will take shots. Matty became scared. Willy had PTSD. Like the Bomber pilots in WWII flying low level daylight precision bombing over Germany at 9,000 feet instead of 19,000. There was never any end to it. They had to show "maximum effort". No relief crews. Just bombing & nearly being killed every mission. They became paralyzed with fear.

Now, flying bombing missions is a thousand times more dangerous & stressful but it's the same thing. Willy was seeing guys coming at him in his sleep. Maybe even sensing in the pocket when they weren't actually there. Playing behind a horrible OL destroyed his career. He had no chance. We'll never know how good he may have become. Nichols had it very good & he stll struggled. He had some hellacious injuries so I can see how being hit hard affects him. My understanding is that his OL in Ottawa is below average so we'll see how long he lasts.ย 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I'd say he was average for most of his time here. One season was much better in the middle. I think they are very much the same tier of quality.ย 

22 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And LaPo wonโ€™t hear a word of this nonsenseย because his Grey Cup rings will be plugging his ears.ย 

He shouldn't. At worst he can have a long career between media and being an oc. He can party with Marcus Crandall in the career under achievers with rings room.ย 

Does any one see lapo in ott going well? I think he's gone half way through next year.ย 

16 minutes ago, WildPath said:

All this talk about Nichols/Lapo has me absolutely pumped to play them this year. As a matter of fact, I'll go circle the date on my calendar right now....

Kills me. Schedule maker pooped the bed on that one.ย 

It sounded like Harris was doing more again today so who knows. I sure would like to see one of those nfl style injury reports on the walking wounded now.ย 

ย Sounds like Eli is off an running at c in camp. Wish I could see it he has the potential toย be a friggin monster.ย 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I see ottawa playing just well enough to barely lose. That's who he is as a coach. Passive to a fault.

I definitely see Ottawa leading the league in field goals.ย  And field goal attempts.ย  Without a doubt.

41 minutes ago, WildPath said:

All this talk about Nichols/Lapo has me absolutely pumped to play them this year. As a matter of fact, I'll go circle the date on my calendar right now....

According to my schedule that date will be Sunday, December 12th, 2021.ย  I really hope by that point Strevs is back with us as well, if only to see him in that fur coat once again in the parade....