2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

15 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Coach O'Shea injury update guide:

"Should be okay" - possible shoulder strain

"He'll take some time and doesn't need to practice" - possible separated shoulder

"We'll have Al and the doctors look at him and let us know" - possible arm amputation at shoulder

Edited by M.Silverback

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Receiver has been this regimes Achilles heel. I’m extremely worried about it.

You don't like Bailey, Whitehead and Lawler as good recruits in 2019? Up until last year I would have agreed with you but I thought our recruitment in 2019 at receiver was the best we've seen in years.

Edited by GCn20

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

WR... only suited up for 1 game for us in 2009.

I thought we had a db with crap in the name too. We have seen some all time great tcf names over the years. 

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You don't like Bailey, Whitehead and Lawler as good recruits in 2019? Up until last year I would have agreed with you but I thought our recruitment in 2019 at receiver was the best we've seen in years.

100 percent. 

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Someone's coming maybe ? 

The return of kenny Stafford lol 

41 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Whitehead is meh. I like Lawler and Bailey, I don’t think either one will be elite, but both are good starting receivers. 

It’s still been our weakest import position in the O’Shea/Walters era. 

3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

"He'll take some time and doesn't need to practice" - possible separated shoulder

"We'll have Al and the doctors look at him and let us know" - possible arm amputation at shoulder

"Short period of time" ... hmmmm, pretty close to my prediction of "should be okay". That's a good thing!

14 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

"Short period of time" ... hmmmm, pretty close to my prediction of "should be okay". That's a good thing!

WHEW......I get the jitters when I hear of injuries to key guys like Darvin....IF it's short term I think we have depth on our roster with the new guys we brought in to cover it

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Wasn't Lawler signed in 2018? I know he didn't play but it does help to be in the system. I think it was the same with Charles Nelson. Nelson is another guy that looks to have what it takes if he could stay healthy... 

6 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

I bumped into an old Winnipeg sports-writer one time and he told me this:

"Mike Kelly was a sports-writers dream come true.  Mike O'Shea is every sports-writer's nightmare".

Those coaches' call in shows with Kelly were classics.  I gave up listening to poor old Bob try and do call-in shows with O'Shea, as the two word grunts in response to a detailed question were just not really doing much for me.  I love Osh of course and what he has done for the Bombers, but he's definitely not a talkative guy, and that's ok.  

25 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I bumped into an old Winnipeg sports-writer one time and he told me this:

"Mike Kelly was a sports-writers dream come true.  Mike O'Shea is every sports-writer's nightmare".

Those coaches' call in shows with Kelly were classics.  I gave up listening to poor old Bob try and do call-in shows with O'Shea, as the two word grunts in response to a detailed question were just not really doing much for me.  I love Osh of course and what he has done for the Bombers, but he's definitely not a talkative guy, and that's ok.  

It's a good point I don't listen to the coaches show under Mos any more either. I used to love those. I'd rather listen to Walter's talk. 

If this is the cost of the success the mafia has brought us I'm ok with it. I'm glad the injury report will change though. 

16 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Funny thing when you talk to O’Shea he maybe the most talkative guy I have met with the Bombers. 

I am looking forward to meeting him one day.  My neighbour played for him in Toronto and says that he would have run through walls for the guy.  So obviously that's way more important that being a media darling.