2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB - Blue Bombers sign kicker Tyler Crapigna. Guess they’re not totally sold on Marc Liegghio.

Smart move.

They've also been doing a lot of st drills less and less o and d. It's as likely that he is coming in to take some of the load off the leg. Always a good idea to have a back up kicker though 

Crapinga was pretty good out side of the clutch. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Making the club from the tub doesn't really apply to a guy that's been here for a few years. He made the club a long time ago, the Bombers know what they have in Augustine. It will be up to Oliveira and Borsa (to some extent although I see Borsa more as a Demski type) to demonstrate they are a better option. Augustine is a proven reliable back up capable of carrying the rock when called upon. It's his job to lose and the others must take it from him. Him being injured right now does not change that.

In the pro sports unless you're a star you have to re make the club every year. He's been on the team for a year and a half. 

Augustine hasn't taken a rep yet this year. It was also Oliviera's job out of camp last year. So if you don't lose your job to injury but you do. At this rate Brady will be the no2 and it'll be between Borsa and augustine for 3 when ever augustine is healthy if his injury isn't serious. 

3 hours ago, stevethe3rd said:

Ya he kind of played all over but it was mostly disguised stuff. Like at the snap go from stand up linebacker looking like he is spying the QB to playing a deep

I think a pass rush group of Jefferson, Antigha, Kongbo, and Jeffcoat will  get after the Qb at an extremely high rate. 

FTFY.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

They've also been doing a lot of st drills less and less o and d. It's as likely that he is coming in to take some of the load off the leg. Always a good idea to have a back up kicker though 

Legghio's accuracy ought to be correctable as it probably is a mechanical issue. Not giving up on him yet, but he has to earn it despite what O'Shea said earlier.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

In the pro sports unless you're a star you have to re make the club every year. He's been on the team for a year and a half. 

Augustine hasn't taken a rep yet this year. It was also Oliviera's job out of camp last year. So if you don't lose your job to injury but you do. At this rate Brady will be the no2 and it'll be between Borsa and augustine for 3 when ever augustine is healthy if his injury isn't serious. 

Yeah I'm guessing they keep Oliviera as the #2. Just on the basis that Augustine hasn't practiced yet. 

It's gonna be interesting to see how that position shakes out.

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I'm guessing they keep Oliviera as the #2. Just on the basis that Augustine hasn't practiced yet. 

It's gonna be interesting to see how that position shakes out.

I was surprised to read that Oliviera checked in at nearly 220lb. He looks very lean so that is all muscle, and if he is as quick and fast as he was before, he will now have more mass to make him more difficult to bring down.

On 2021-07-19 at 12:43 PM, BomberBall said:
Just received word that people double-vaccinated from out of province will be permitted to attend #Bombers games this season. Will need proof of vaccination from respective province, plus valid ID. #wfp

Good to hear, unfortunately the Bombers are out of town when I am in town this year otherwise, I'd be there!  Got my second jab so I am good to go!

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Good to hear, unfortunately the Bombers are out of town when I am in town this year otherwise, I'd be there!  Got my second jab so I am good to go!

Too bad.  I know many out of towners were pretty pumped about this news.  Maybe a change in travel plans is in order?

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Too bad.  I know many out of towners were pretty pumped about this news.  Maybe a change in travel plans is in order?

took three days just to get in touch with someone at Westjet to use up our credit on file, not going through that hell again lol....next year will definitely plan better, hopefully the schedule comes out well in advance.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Perhaps we shall see Augustine start the year on the IR, and jump in when/if there's an injury.

Just now, ddanger said:

Perhaps we shall see Augustine start the year on the IR, and jump in when/if there's an injury.

I think it's almost certain that he will start on the ir at this point. Idk if borsa is ready to supplant augustine or will be this year. I think that really depends on if he can contribute on teams and catching the ball. It's probably most likely that assuming Harris is ok that when augustine gets healthy he would take borsas spot unless borsa is lighting it up. 

Man I hope Darvin Adams is ok. He's one of the most underrated  under used vet wrs in the league. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

So....he isn't Mr. automatic?

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Craphonso Thorpe.

Was he a wr or db? 

I am extremely confident in Lawler Bailey demski and woli. But man Adam's brings soo much leadership blocking and could benefit in a big way from a year of buck and collaros. Hope he's OK. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Pickup WR Rodney Smith 

He would be a good pick up. Could always try to talk Bryant out of retirement. But agudosi has seemed like he had a good camp. Grant could get more reps but I think if healthy cam meridith will have the spot.