2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

From an outside fan perspective I think Lawler has the chance to be your best receiver. I really like Darvin Adams and think he is a very complete reciever but I think he is probably at his peak in play. I see Lawler as having room to improve. I remember him burning Purifoy in the West Final for a long touchdown on a corner route. Something not many receivers did in 2019. 

I agree on Lawler probably emerging as a 1000 yard guy. Purifoy is a decent defender but certainly not among the league's best but he did play well for you guys last year.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't sleep on Showtime 'Sheed! Work ethic and passion for days....super under-the-radar guy...

Agreed. Bailey flashed some good skills at times last year, if he can become more consistent he can be a playmaker.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

A veteran. In 2019, Darby has 56 defensive tackles and 5 interceptions.

Was Maston playing Sam for you guys? I wonder how this effects how you line up? I think Darby played safety last year for most of the year in TO but he is versatile. Maybe he plays safety and you move Alexander to SAM? 

Also any report from camp on who is lining up to the boundary in you defensive backfield? Replacing Rose and Sayles is probably the Bombers biggest question heading into this season.  

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Was Maston playing Sam for you guys? I wonder how this effects how you line up? I think Darby played safety last year for most of the year in TO but he is versatile. Maybe he plays safety and you move Alexander to SAM? 

Also any report from camp on who is lining up to the boundary in you defensive backfield? Replacing Rose and Sayles is probably the Bombers biggest question heading into this season.  

The reports out of Bomber training camp have been thin, few and far between. In most years, we would be getting daily updates as to who is doing well, who is not, rookie "finds" and so forth.  I find this lack of updates disheartening and annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The reports out of Bomber training camp have been thin, few and far between. In most years, we would be getting daily updates as to who is doing well, who is not, rookie "finds" and so forth.  I find this lack of updates disheartening and annoying. 

Ya as a Rider fan I feel the same way over here. Now that fans are able to go might get a little bit more. I find myself jonesing for any CFL news. I have been trying to follow the bombers camp also as I have a couple former teammates at camp and want to hear about how they are doing.

I might go watch the Riders scrimmage of Saturday. Too bad the planned Riders vs Bombers scrimmage couldn't have happened as planned this coming up weekend. Would have been nice to go watch that. I think I would have had a combined 6 or 7 friends playing on the field between the two teams. 

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If you're not checking out Bauming's "Bonfire Sports", that's likely your best bet for TC updates. He's got the most in depth stuff, tho Our Man Tait has been doing a solid job lately in his 5 Points pieces...

So who amongst our DBs are returning from 2019? Alexander who played safety and corner (half?), Kylie Wilson (Atomic has him at DB on his depth chart although he is listed as a LB), Nick Hallett (who was mostly special teams last season), Nick Taylor, and Grey Cup stud Mike Jones (who is not on the roster on the Blue Bombers website but is in Atomic’s and the CFL site). Did I miss anyone? And who are the other vets we have picked up? 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So who amongst our DBs are returning from 2019? Alexander who played safety and corner (half?), Kylie Wilson (Atomic has him at DB on his depth chart although he is listed as a LB), Nick Hallett (who was mostly special teams last season), Nick Taylor, and Grey Cup stud Mike Jones (who is not on the roster on the Blue Bombers website but is in Atomic’s and the CFL site). Did I miss anyone? And who are the other vets we have picked up? 

Josh Johnson - 5yr CFLer

Not exactly vet but... 
Jhavonte Dean - was on 2019 Rider's PR
Rhantony Texada - was on 2019 RedBlack's PR

Yeah Wilson is our Weakside LB (top 3 in the league easy) not a DB.

Also TSN just posted a video calling Fajardo the LEAGUE MOP in 2019...I know it's just a typo or whatever, but this is the type of **** that makes the CFL bush league. Not the talent/salaries etc...it's the **** reporting and just total lack of professionalism from partners. Maybe I'm nitpicking but it drives me crazy!

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah Wilson is our Weakside LB (top 3 in the league easy) not a DB.

Also TSN just posted a video calling Fajardo the LEAGUE MOP in 2019...I know it's just a typo or whatever, but this is the type of **** that makes the CFL bush league. Not the talent/salaries etc...it's the **** reporting and just total lack of professionalism from partners. Maybe I'm nitpicking but it drives me crazy!

Wouldn't have even been West MOP if our local scribes hadn't played God and ****** over Harris at the local level. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Josh Johnson - 5yr CFLer

Not exactly vet but... 
Jhavonte Dean - was on 2019 Rider's PR
Rhantony Texada - was on 2019 RedBlack's PR

Honestly we've shown a tremendous ability to bring in rookie dbs and have them excel in our system. Having a guy like rose that can play any style of coverage and any amount of cushion is always great but we don't need each db to be that. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Otha Peters kind of surprising no  

Not since we got tobi Antigha imo.  Plus we are pretty locked in at mac and wil. With a bunch of depth at de who can play a tweener role. 

39 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im surprised they didnt keep him around a little longer. They must really like Dru Brown.

It's the 2 active qbs. I don't think many teams will pr 2 qbs. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not since we got tobi Antigha imo.  Plus we are pretty locked in at mac and wil. With a bunch of depth at de who can play a tweener role. 

It's the 2 active qbs. I don't think many teams will pr 2 qbs

I didnt expect Sneed and Brown to stick around but Sneed gone after first cuts surprises me.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I didnt expect Sneed and Brown to stick around but Sneed gone after first cuts surprises me.

I don't think we are running enough plays to get 4 guys reps right now. It sounded like both rookies had moments but I'm guessing they wanted to focus on the roster guys. 

I think this is the major cut down too isn't it? With the extended pr for Quarantine time the last cut is probably mostly none counters going back to school and finalizing who is going on pr and ir.