2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

3 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Just wanted to check and see how you are doing? It was not a good day for sure, my staff there were pretty shock up and one of my best friends went to HS with one of the brothers from Salmon Arm. 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, hard not to have feels when you hear that.

I echo that. Was not aware of the incident until I saw the post, and I have a nephew out in Kelowna so there were a few nervous moments until I heard more details. Glad you are OK physically KBF, and I hope you are recovering from the shock. In our thoughts. Take care. 

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Just wanted to check and see how you are doing? It was not a good day for sure, my staff there were pretty shock up and one of my best friends went to HS with one of the brothers from Salmon Arm. 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, hard not to have feels when you hear that.

Oh hey thanks for checking in.  Things are starting to slowly return to normal.   I was finally able to access my vehicle yesterday, which was stuck on the street behind a temporary fence across from the accident scene.   I still have the image of the paramedics working on a guy right beside my SUV on the street.....

Anyway, thanks again guys, keep the great posts coming!  Focusing on the Bombers is the best therapy I could have right now, so much positive stuff going on with the team! 

24 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/15/im-winnipeg-learn-agudosi-ready-opportunity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

0E8A1778-1-1600x1364.jpg

that's a tall receiver... Carlton Agudosi 6'6" 220... reminds me of Gregg Carr 

Yes that was my thought too.

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe I saw a report about a SSK player being in Covid protocols earlier this week....Dean? I'm fairly sure it was one of their LBs anyway...

He was not permitted to join the team in practice past 2 days (I believe) while waiting for the result. By all account, result turned out false-positive, so he joined the team today . 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I echo that. Was not aware of the incident until I saw the post, and I have a nephew out in Kelowna so there were a few nervous moments until I heard more details. Glad you are OK physically KBF, and I hope you are recovering from the shock. In our thoughts. Take care. 

Thank you so much.

A friend sent me this video today, and I never appreciated it more than I do now.  

I've lived here a long time and we've never had something this tragic happen in Kelowna, as long as I've been here anyway.  We are definitely hurting as a city but we'll get through it.  Glad to hear that your nephew is ok.  If he ever wants to watch a Bomber game with me, I would welcome the company! Thanks all.

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Thank you so much.

A friend sent me this video today, and I never appreciated it more than I do now.  

I've lived here a long time and we've never had something this tragic happen in Kelowna, as long as I've been here anyway.  We are definitely hurting as a city but we'll get through it.  Glad to hear that your nephew is ok.  If he ever wants to watch a Bomber game with me, I would welcome the company! Thanks all.

I’d be pretty shook up if I went through what you just experienced.  Here’s to a full recovery, enjoying life and Bomber football in the near future.  Keep strong.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/16/quick-hits-tc-july-16-2021/

some good stuff, as always, from Our Man Tait....and just a quick teaser for you: 

1. MORE MUSCLE?!?!: It’s in Jonathan Kongbo’s DNA to work hard. As evidence you may recall that back in his days at the University of Tennessee he won the 2018 John Stucky award as Volunteers’ best performer in the weight room.
And so when the Blue Bombers defensive end arrived in Winnipeg in 2019 as a first-round draft pick he was already carved in stone at 6-5, 255 pounds. Now back with the club after spending the summer of 2020 in the training camp of the San Francisco 49ers and a short stint this year in The Spring League, Kongbo has added another 15 pounds to his already-chiselled frame.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

some good stuff, as always, from Our Man Tait....and just a quick teaser for you: 

1. MORE MUSCLE?!?!: It’s in Jonathan Kongbo’s DNA to work hard. As evidence you may recall that back in his days at the University of Tennessee he won the 2018 John Stucky award as Volunteers’ best performer in the weight room.
And so when the Blue Bombers defensive end arrived in Winnipeg in 2019 as a first-round draft pick he was already carved in stone at 6-5, 255 pounds. Now back with the club after spending the summer of 2020 in the training camp of the San Francisco 49ers and a short stint this year in The Spring League, Kongbo has added another 15 pounds to his already-chiselled frame.

QB's beware.....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

15lbs of lean mass for a long time gym rat is pretty huge. He probably wouldn't have seen such gains if it wasn't for the lost year. But it could be gigantic for him. And give him a better ability to rotate inside and twist more. 

Kongbo is a really special talent.  To have his size athleticism pedigree motivation and the ni status is a once in a generation thing up here. He and hansen are poised to have monstrous production even in lower reps then many guys in the league will see. 

I think we will not only have the best 4 man pressure in the league but some of the best 4 man pressure in years. 

On 2021-07-15 at 2:31 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/07/15/im-winnipeg-learn-agudosi-ready-opportunity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

0E8A1778-1-1600x1364.jpg

It's been a long time since we've had a dominant,tall outside receiver. Chris Mathews comes to immediate mind,may be missing others as I'm just turning back on the football part of my brain.

3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/07/16/expect-to-see-nfl-style-injury-reports-in-the-cfl-for-the-2021-season/

Interesting. Finally happening. Over/under on number of games before O’Shea gets fined for reporting body part as “he should be good to go”?

The classic O'Shea injury report comes from a few years ago. When asked about an injury that Jake Thomas had suffered, O'Shea said "Meh, he's a Maritimer. He'll just soak his foot in a bucket of salt water for a day or so and then he'll be fine."

On 2021-07-15 at 3:31 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

0E8A1778-1-1600x1364.jpg

Id love to see Alex Suber develop a scheme to stop this guy when we play ottawa.  wait?  We don't play ottawa :(