2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Facts are facts, not opinion. Example: Being 4th overall last year. No editorializing. No opinion.

What's actually happening IMO (No H cuz I'm not humble;)), is that the facts don't match people's opinions. Rather than change their opinions, folks choose to ignore the facts and go after the people who are presenting the facts. Example: A lot of folks around here believe we were a dominant team last year rather than a mid tier team that had a great playoff run. Being 4th in the league and many other facts don't match that belief. Folks can't argue the facts so they go to: 'you so negative' and 'those facts don't matter' and 'who cares' and you think 'whatever words they attribute to me' and you're a troll or a Riders fan. That's where the emotional editorializing lies, not in the facts. I can't say if that's Fox News or no, cuz I don't watch it.

This whole raging against Speedy this week is me trying to get it out of his system before the season starts. I'm hoping to turn the conversations turned towards discussing the issues in Bomberland rather than the constant whining about other posters. No, Speedy, I'm not going away. No, I'm not getting roasted. No, I'm not moving the goal posts. No, I'm not too negative. No, I'm not a troll. No, I'm not a Riders fan. No, I didn't say 'whatever words you're pretending I said'. If you want to discuss the issues instead of whining about the messenger, I'm here every day.

Cheers and how 'bout the first day of practice eh?

You're pretty easy fodder & everyone here knows it. Everyone takes shots at you. Your reputation is greatly deserved too. It must be a gift as you just keep running your mouth through your keyboard constantly saying the same things you claim you never said.

You remind me of that fifth qb who is only training camp fodder. An extra arm who gets reps only when the starter & backup need a rest. Talks a big game until he throws 3 interceptions in his first four throws & the one that wasn't picked was incomplete. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

23 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I know this was discussed before but I thought Globals can only replace Americans. Or is that only if the team wants to field a second Global player?

For this season a 2nd global player would need to take a DI spot.  However, i've looked at the rules regarding CFL rosters and it doesn't state that a CFL team must start "X" number of players. It does state something about how a DI must come in for a Import starter. The rules don't indicate that a global must come in for an American starter. Did anything pay close enough attention in 2019 during the times that Hansen was on the field to know this one for sure? I sure didn't! :)

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're pretty easy fodder & everyone here knows it. Everyone takes shots at you. Your reputation is greatly deserved too. It must be a gift as you just keep running your mouth through your keyboard constantly saying the same things you claim you never said.

You remind me of that fifth qb who is only training camp fodder. An extra arm who gets reps only when the starter & backup need a rest. Talks a big game until he throws 3 interceptions in his first four throws & the one that wasn't picked was incomplete. 

I tried to get you to stop making it annoying for everyone including me and failed. Too bad. We could have made it a better place for everyone. At least everyone knows it's on you now.

You remind me of the kid who so badly wants to be one of the cool kids that he goes way overboard. It's kinda sad in a kid, but really sad in an adult. I'm done.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I tried to get you to stop making it annoying for everyone including me and failed. Too bad. We could have made it a better place for everyone. At least everyone knows it's on you now.

You remind me of the kid who so badly wants to be one of the cool kids that he goes way overboard. It's kinda sad in a kid, but really sad in an adult. I'm done.

Let me just be the first to say your new profile pic is fantastic and everything you say I now read in Dwight Schrute's condescending voice.

41 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Dude just stop.  You only serving yourself. 

You are adding nothing besides getting off talking about yourself at this point. 

Imo...

it’s good to see that even after I’ve been gone a year and then some, Iso and TB are still healthy and annoying as ever.

you love to see it.

it hit me when I went to the grey cup in 2019 ... it’s easier just to be a fan of the moments and enjoy the team than worry about “well we were fourth place and made a late season surge do you really think we’re a prominent force to be reckoned with or do you think my insufferable opinion about our backup qb being unprepared for battle should go unquestioned”

I drank from the Grey Cup after Andrew Harris handed it to me at a bar in downtown Calgary, surrounded by my closest friends. They could come in last place this year I really don’t care. I enjoyed it. That’s what it’s all about.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

it’s good to see that even after I’ve been gone a year and then some, Iso and TB are still healthy and annoying as ever.

you love to see it.

it hit me when I went to the grey cup in 2019 ... it’s easier just to be a fan of the moments and enjoy the team than worry about “well we were fourth place and made a late season surge do you really think we’re a prominent force to be reckoned with or do you think my insufferable opinion about our backup qb being unprepared for battle should go unquestioned”

I drank from the Grey Cup after Andrew Harris handed it to me at a bar in downtown Calgary, surrounded by my closest friends. They could come in last place this year I really don’t care. I enjoyed it. That’s what it’s all about.

Awesome.  

Hope he gets it...

12 hours ago, Mike said:

you love to see it.

It's just as easy to be a fan and look at more than just the best possible scenario's, at least for me. Facts add substance to the history and shouldn't be ignored.

I think don't think any of my opinions or any posters opinions should go unquestioned. I think that it's the opinion that should be talked about instead of trying to make it about me.

Argue the post, not the poster.

BTW: Cool story about drinking from the cup.

15 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Dude just stop.  You only serving yourself. 

You are adding nothing besides getting off talking about yourself at this point.

Imo...

I think you have it backwards. I'm trying to get speedy not to make it about me, not the other way around.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Agreed. The Cup win took a lot of the pressure off for me. During previous seasons I'd get so wrapped up in the negatives and fall into a "here we go again" mentality due so so many season of getting kicked around and being the butt of the joke from other CFL fans. Having two of the best experiences I've ever had at McMahon (previous to last season watching a drunk Stamps get his head caught under the bleachers was the top) has caused me to go into this season looking for the enjoyable moments from the Bombers. It's amazing what the Bombers breaking their drought has done for me. I can't wait to see the boys out on the field again. 

STANDING OUT: A good chunk of the first part of Sunday morning’s session was spent on special teams, especially on kick cover. Popping off the page were Bombers draft picks DL Nick Dheilly, LB Robbie Lowes, DB Noah Hallett along with RBs Kyle Borsa and Brady Oliveira… Catching eyes among new receivers were WRs Blake Jackson and Carlton Agudosi… Noticeable with interceptions on D were Willie Jefferson, Adam Bighill, Josh Johnson  and Prince Robinson.

Awesome to see Dheilly standing out. Especially with Griffiths retiring. He will have every opportunity to make the roster and playing teams goes a long way

Also just great all around to hear that our new draft picks are shining.

Agudosi has been the training camp "winner" in the first two days. Getting mentioned twice. Guess he is a big guy and now showing some skills

37 minutes ago, BBlink said:

STANDING OUT: A good chunk of the first part of Sunday morning’s session was spent on special teams, especially on kick cover. Popping off the page were Bombers draft picks DL Nick Dheilly, LB Robbie Lowes, DB Noah Hallett along with RBs Kyle Borsa and Brady Oliveira… Catching eyes among new receivers were WRs Blake Jackson and Carlton Agudosi… Noticeable with interceptions on D were Willie Jefferson, Adam Bighill, Josh Johnson  and Prince Robinson.

Awesome to see Dheilly standing out. Especially with Griffiths retiring. He will have every opportunity to make the roster and playing teams goes a long way

Also just great all around to hear that our new draft picks are shining.

Agudosi has been the training camp "winner" in the first two days. Getting mentioned twice. Guess he is a big guy and now showing some skills

Also great to see the draft picks and ni rbs shining on teams. A big part of this camp is going to be replenishing our ni teams depth. 

We have consistently filled holes at db and found great guys to fit in.  That front isn't going to give qbs a lot of time either. 

I think ol will be a great battle too. We have a bunch of young ni with a camp and some game reps under their belt and not a whole lot of service time dividing two of the starters and a back up or two. Gonna be some tough decisions at some point. Can only hide guys soo long. 

On 2021-07-09 at 9:36 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

A person has, in one hand: a paper bag with something in it that doesn't smell, isn't damp nor is it squishy.

In the other, a steaming pile of ****...

"Yeah, let's go with the big pile o'****- at least I know what it is and what it is capable of."

- said no one ever.

Nailed it. But some people fear the unknown soo much they'd rather go with what they know Won't work rather than risk trying some thing different. The same idea as signing Reggie slack again and passing on ac. 

On 2021-07-09 at 10:56 AM, 17to85 said:

Just no no to mentally unstable qbs.

You'd be surprised how many pro qbs aren't mentally sound. I'd be surprised if you found one hof qb that wasn't nuts. It takes a considerable amount of crazy to do what they do. 

On 2021-07-09 at 10:20 AM, Noeller said:

MBT isn't better than Arbuckle or Nichols. Period. 

He was last year. Arbuckle is still not a well known commodity he couldn't be better this year. 

On 2021-07-09 at 1:50 AM, Booch said:

Not sure what u are watching..Augustine was and always has been on kick off team..I believe kick return as well...he had lots of experience on teams..that's how he managed to get on and stay on roster as well..we lucky to have him..and he can catch our of backfield too...comparing him or any back to Harris in that regard is stupid

When he's been in its because he's had to be. Because he had to be rostered to be our back up rb. He's by no means a guy who earns a spot with his teams play. 

His catching and blocking are well below par for a starting pro football rb. We aren't lucky to have him. He was a multi team cast off. To say we are lucky to have a guy that sat on the fa list for an extended period as a ni is laughable. It's fine to like the kool-aid. But don't expect every one to believe it's wine. 😄

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

STANDING OUT: A good chunk of the first part of Sunday morning’s session was spent on special teams, especially on kick cover. Popping off the page were Bombers draft picks DL Nick Dheilly, LB Robbie Lowes, DB Noah Hallett along with RBs Kyle Borsa and Brady Oliveira… Catching eyes among new receivers were WRs Blake Jackson and Carlton Agudosi… 

I can't wait to do the dance when he scores us the game winning TD....

Carlton Dance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by kelownabomberfan