2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

I actually think speedlex and tburg both have good input....

sure the burgman is a bit negative, but pretty solid in his points. "pithy" no pun intended.😎

I was negative when they brought in colllaros. due to injury history.

speed, certainly knows far more than I do about the game. 

the back and forth is good too.

flex.... ipad keyboard is not for me. speedlex....

I do it because TBurg leaves holes in his logic that a tank could drive thru. And it's fun to question his POV. Maybe if he changed things up once in awhile I'd let it go. But how many different ways can you say "It's been 50 years??" Or we were the fourth best team in the CFL & third best in the West so we had no business winning that Cup. We weren't the best team so we don't deserve a championship. But wait, he said he never said that. Even though he did. We just never read his comments correctly. Yes, we did. I know TBurg is a Bomber fan & I don't question his loyalty but at times it seems misplaced. He sounds like a trolling Rider fan sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Seems like a yabut fan... tburg 

Cuz it's always yeah but with him 

Man my buds and I jokingly said the bombers could go 18 and 0 for 2 seasons win 2 cups going undefeated and there would still be people going yeah but... 

Turns out there are. Who would have thought 

My point exactly. Tburg has wasted 21 months complaining we won a championship. Always something... af836d5952619c981a2f5457abcb0fb7.gif

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Seems like a yabut fan... tburg 

Cuz it's always yeah but with him 

Man my buds and I jokingly said the bombers could go 18 and 0 for 2 seasons win 2 cups going undefeated and there would still be people going yeah but... 

Turns out there are. Who would have thought 

My wife likes to say that yeahbuts live in the forest..

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I do it because TBurg leaves holes in his logic that a tank could drive thru. And it's fun to question his POV. Maybe if he changed things up once in awhile I'd let it go. But how many different ways can you say "It's been 50 years??" Or we were the fourth best team in the CFL & third best in the West so we had no business winning that Cup. We weren't the best team so we don't deserve a championship. But wait, he said he never said that. Even though he did. We just never read his comments correctly. Yes, we did. I know TBurg is a Bomber fan & I don't question his loyalty but at times it seems misplaced. He sounds like a trolling

Rider fan sometimes. 

And there it is. Less than a day later. The whining continues. It's almost as if there's no power in positive thinking or singing or looking for the best outcome or even rainbow farting unicorns.

If you wanted to argue logic errors (I'd enjoy that) you'd do it, but what you really want to do is whine about my perceived negativity. Anyone who has read your posts knows what you're about so own it. You're not the troll busting keyboard warrior you think you are and everyone knows what I'm about and that I'm not a Rider fan or a troll.

I only need one way to present the facts because.... wait for it.... they are the facts, but I didn't say we had no business winning the grey cup. That's something you made up in your own mind after misinterpreting what I type to give you an excuse to whine. BTW: Presenting the same facts over and over is the opposite of moving the goalposts.

I tell you what... How 'bout we both stick to discussing the current topics. For example: If we're discussing vet vs 'rookie' backup QB, we stick to that topic. I think it would make it a lot better for everyone, but it's up to you. Keep whining or go off topic and this crap continues.

Edited by TBURGESS

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

And there it is. Less than a day later. The whining continues. It's almost as if there's no power in positive thinking or singing or looking for the best outcome or even rainbow farting unicorns.

If you wanted to argue logic errors (I'd enjoy that) you'd do it, but what you really want to do is whine about my perceived negativity. Anyone who has read your posts knows what you're about so own it. You're not the troll busting keyboard warrior you think you are and everyone knows what I'm about and that I'm not a Rider fan or a troll.

I only need one way to present the facts because.... wait for it.... they are the facts, but I didn't say we had no business winning the grey cup. That's something you made up in your own mind after misinterpreting what I type to give you an excuse to whine. BTW: Presenting the same facts over and over is the opposite of moving the goalposts.

I tell you what... How 'bout we both stick to discussing the current topics. For example: If we're discussing vet vs 'rookie' backup QB, we stick to that topic. I think it would make it a lot better for everyone, but it's up to you. Keep whining or go off topic and this crap continues.

You better be wearing pads on those broad shoulders if you want to continually play the devils advocate budz.......You seem to do a good job rolling with the punches but sometimes you have to be able to take a hard left hook if you want to stay upright

15 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I wonder when they are going to really get into evaluation. Sounds like this is a boot camp rather than a training camp.

Baby steps. See where guys are at, physically, and then go from there. It's a longer TC than normal, so they can slowly work guys in. 

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

only need one way to present the facts because.... wait for it.... they are the facts

Facts in your opinion, which again, contrary to your opinion does not make them fact. At best you provide highly editorialized facts. So congratulations, you're fox news.

53 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I am disappointed that Connor Griffiths is a no-show. He had a pretty impressive resume.

Again, as mentioned, found a job outside of football and didn't want to leave that. Unfortunate side effect of the pandemic, but it happens. They'll find another Fatboi Thomas replacement eventually... 

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

A lot of db vs wr drills this year. Wish they had these streamed in part on line.

No injuries is big. With Griffiths calling it quits I wonder if we are in the market for an ni dt. 

I don’t think we’re gonna start a Canadian DT anyways, to be honest.

I think they’ll rotate Kongbo/Hallett and maybe give Thomas some reps every now and then. 

5 hours ago, Stickem said:

You better be wearing pads on those broad shoulders if you want to continually play the devils advocate budz.......You seem to do a good job rolling with the punches but sometimes you have to be able to take a hard left hook if you want to stay upright

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You keep posting & we'll keep roasting. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Facts in your opinion, which again, contrary to your opinion does not make them fact. At best you provide highly editorialized facts. So congratulations, you're fox news.

Facts are facts, not opinion. Example: Being 4th overall last year. No editorializing. No opinion.

What's actually happening IMO (No H cuz I'm not humble;)), is that the facts don't match people's opinions. Rather than change their opinions, folks choose to ignore the facts and go after the people who are presenting the facts. Example: A lot of folks around here believe we were a dominant team last year rather than a mid tier team that had a great playoff run. Being 4th in the league and many other facts don't match that belief. Folks can't argue the facts so they go to: 'you so negative' and 'those facts don't matter' and 'who cares' and you think 'whatever words they attribute to me' and you're a troll or a Riders fan. That's where the emotional editorializing lies, not in the facts. I can't say if that's Fox News or no, cuz I don't watch it.

This whole raging against Speedy this week is me trying to get it out of his system before the season starts. I'm hoping to turn the conversations turned towards discussing the issues in Bomberland rather than the constant whining about other posters. No, Speedy, I'm not going away. No, I'm not getting roasted. No, I'm not moving the goal posts. No, I'm not too negative. No, I'm not a troll. No, I'm not a Riders fan. No, I didn't say 'whatever words you're pretending I said'. If you want to discuss the issues instead of whining about the messenger, I'm here every day.

Cheers and how 'bout the first day of practice eh?