2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

Do you remember when Mike simms Walker came up here? Didn't stay long and was on a brutal team but I remember watching that kid and thinking 

"Ahh there's that NFL level skill"

Thats 100% of who I thought of lol. He was soo slick. Those routes and hands, such polish. Too bad he coulda been a star. 

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

These kind of guys rarely make an impact in the CFL. If he can stay healthy and comes into camp with the right mindset he could be the one that actually works out.  Still think its tough for him to crack the starting lineup. He would have to beat out Bailey.

Yeah its tough to make that huge jump in year 1. But also if he is willing to wait it out and pay his dues if he doesnt become an instant starter this guy in year 2 could light the league on fire. And having the cfl experience is huge for the guys here. Bailey and lawler are poised for big years. Grant and Nelson are guys to really watch too. I think grant could be as good as the best of what we saw from lucky last year. 

Cam actually reminds me a lot of darvin adams too. 

46 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

These kind of guys rarely make an impact in the CFL. If he can stay healthy and comes into camp with the right mindset he could be the one that actually works out.  Still think its tough for him to crack the starting lineup. He would have to beat out Bailey.

I'm not sure what this type of guy is. Is Kenny Lawler that type of guy too? 

Us Bears fans had high hopes for Meredith in 2017 after his break out 2016 season (as did many fantasy GMs who drafted before the third preseason game), and that knee injury was a huge bummer. Was super excited to see him sign here, and the living in Winnipeg part is a crazy twist to the story!  

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I would lower the expectations on a guy who was last good 5 years ago pre injury....  also how did he cross the border and come to Canada 5 months ago?   

My only point was that he has that elite level talent. Hence the Sims walker reference.

I personally am not crazy about our receiving group... Lawler is a gamer and Bailey potentially too.  Grant and Nelson are certain situation and returner types imo.

But honestly what do I know. Just my 2 cents 

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I would lower the expectations on a guy who was last good 5 years ago pre injury....  also how did he cross the border and come to Canada 5 months ago?   

Borders were only closed for non-essential travel.  Immigration (assuming that's what he did since they have a family together and bought a house) was not stopped though the numbers are way down compared to pre-pandemic years.

Even with the departures of Rose, Sayles and Nevis our D is still going to be the class of the league. Our front 7 is second to none. Josh Johnson will slide seamlessly into one of the vacated secondary spots and surely theres atleast one diamond among the 9648 DB's were bringing to camp lol.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Even with the departures of Rose, Sayles and Nevis our D is still going to be the class of the league. Our front 7 is second to none. Josh Johnson will slide seamlessly into one of the vacated secondary spots and surely theres atleast one diamond among the 9648 DB's were bringing to camp lol.

I honestly think Stove is an upgrade to Nevis, and both Kongbo and Hansen will be better with experience. Not even a little bit concerned about our DL. The LBs are also the best crew in the league. DBs, as you said, HOPEFULLY won't be a real issue with the approximately 10-thousand bodies we've brought into camp...

Already practicing the Hardrick Hop........ 😂

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly think Stove is an upgrade to Nevis, and both Kongbo and Hansen will be better with experience. Not even a little bit concerned about our DL. The LBs are also the best crew in the league. DBs, as you said, HOPEFULLY won't be a real issue with the approximately 10-thousand bodies we've brought into camp...

Already practicing the Hardrick Hop........ 😂

Not to mention the addition of Antigha. Im intrigued with how he'll be used. He can play LB and come off the edge on the d-line. Whenever i saw him play in Sask and T.O. i was always impressed.

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Not to mention the addition of Antigha. Im intrigued with how he'll be used. He can play LB and come off the edge on the d-line. Whenever i saw him play in Sask and T.O. i was always impressed.

He did play some @ Safety position too, though that was on Chris Jones Defense.

I love our DL with Jefferson and Jeffcoat at DE, Stove at DT, Thomas say at the other DT with Kongbo and Hansen rotating in. Totally forgot about Antigua but his ability to switch between DL and LB is another cool wrinkle.

Have not seen this mentioned about our secondary but how about Mike Jones? Really came on late in the year and was a star in the Grey Cup.

X FACTOR: CB Mike Jones

Lost in the work of so many of the Bombers stars in the ’19 Grey Cup playoffs was the emergence of Jones at the cornerback spot opposite Rose. He didn’t make his first start until the regular-season finale, but improved with every snap in the playoffs, capped by his sensational work in the Grey Cup – four tackles, three pass knockdowns and an interception.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/06/30/positional-preview-defensive-backs-5/

I think he is projected to take the boundary corner. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I remember him as positionally sound and a heavy hitter.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I remember him as positionally sound and a heavy hitter.

Super versatile with good athleticism. I constantly expected him to get burned when he was back at S but he held his own. Hard to imagine our front performing better than last year or adding another rotational guy while kongbo will need more snaps. But these are great problems to have.