2021 Off-season: State of the Jets

43 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

MPI allows specialty plates to be purchased as a souvenir so if they won't sell directly to you, you could try to have someone local pick some up & send them out your way.

Yeah, no reason you couldn't put it on the front of your AB vehicle...

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

MPI allows specialty plates to be purchased as a souvenir so if they won't sell directly to you, you could try to have someone local pick some up & send them out your way.

I was really sort of just kidding with my question but great idea thanks.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, no reason you couldn't put it on the front of your AB vehicle...

I was thinking more around my neck. 🙂

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

No, as double vac'd is a requirement :P

Was that a shot against Alberta? If so, well played.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ppl crapping on JoMo.. rot 

Guess people sometimes don't know the whole story do they 

Turns out his dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away recently 

Some people only like the players that have left the Jets. 

• 3 weeks later...

State of The Jets 

I would say Goaltending worse overall but Helle is a vezina winning Olympian. We should be ok 

The D has been significantly improved.  Schmidt and Dillon are big moves.  Honestly think Dillon is a Jet longer... yes Schmidt is solid also but I feel he could be the guy moved down the line. 

Still... Josh Nate. Pionk Dillon. Demelo. Stan. Ville. Samberg. Lundmark.  Kovavevic.  Lots of talent there depth wise. 2 lefties and 2 righties also 

The forwards? We lost Appleton Thompson Lewis from last season 

Who takes those spots? 

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Copp PLD Ehlers 

Stastny Lowry Svech 

Ves Gus Nash 

Switch Svech with Nash? I dunno

Strong top 6 tho. Stastny in the bottom makes sense. Gus will get a spot. 

But u got Toninato and Harkins still also 

Good depth not great but good

Enough Cap after little to ltir and maybe waiving Beaulieu and niku to grab some depth forwards 

Winnipeg #NHLJets have placed forward Joona Luoto on Unconditional Waivers for the purpose of contract termination. Luoto had 1 year remaining on his Entry Level contract which he signed back on June 15, 2019.

Apparently Joona wanted to play closer to home.  He wasn’t going to get a chance with the Jets, so I can understand his decision.

7 hours ago, BomberBall said:
Winnipeg #NHLJets have placed forward Joona Luoto on Unconditional Waivers for the purpose of contract termination. Luoto had 1 year remaining on his Entry Level contract which he signed back on June 15, 2019.

Apparently Joona wanted to play closer to home.  He wasn’t going to get a chance with the Jets, so I can understand his decision.

having just finished Teemu's book "My Life" I get why Finnish players like playing at home in Finland, especially if they aren't getting much love in the NHL.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Needs to be waived for cap purposes.  There is no way in hell he should be top 6 d this year unless serious injuries and if is.. Maurice needs to be fired at that point 

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

New backup goalie shortly after that :P

Eric Comrie. Get used to it for 15 games he starts 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ongoing reminder that Comrie has similar career stats as Brossoit did when he arrived. 

Comrie isn't a bad goalie if you have skilled D who know what they supposed to do. I'm expecting a decent season from Eric the Eyes. 

Better stats in the ahl than Berdin also.  

I think Holm surprises people in the A. He's a Swedish Helle 

Maybe I should have said goaltending the same in the State of the Jets post... instead of worse since depth wise.. Holm is a good piece.  Helle gonna play most games in the NHL anyways so 15 20 for Comrie? Why not 

Edited by Goalie

"We found good men. I loved the defense corps last year individually. But as a group, there was lots of room for us to get to another level." Paul Maurice quoted by Ken Wiebe.

Wow I love hearing Paul Maurice talk hockey, he draws you in with his style of analysis but boy what a spin and walking a tightrope to not throwing certain players under the bus at the same time being jubilant about a massive upgrade to the D this year.

What a master lol.