2021 Off-season: State of the Jets

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

We have to expose a goalie and Berdin fits. Unless they re-sign Brossoit or Comrie before the expansion draft, I think they have to expose Berdin. 

Yep I was wrong about that. He is eligible. And I think Brossoit gets exposed even if he is a pending UFA (will still be under contract at thE time of the draft) 

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Roll the dice and expose Morrissey :D

He has a no-move clause, must be protected. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Yep I was wrong about that. He is eligible. And I think Brossoit gets exposed even if he is a pending UFA (will still be under contract at thE time of the draft) 

Has to be under contract or RFA. Can't be a UFA, unfortunately. 

• under contract in 2021-22, OR
  • who’s contract is expiring and is an RFA at the end of 2020-21

Morrissey does not have a NMC. 

Edited by JCon

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Has to be under contract or RFA. Can't be a UFA, unfortunately. 

• under contract in 2021-22, OR
  • who’s contract is expiring and is an RFA at the end of 2020-21

Morrissey does not have a NMC. 

If I read the rules correctly for goalies, only one is required to be under contract. So a UFA goalie could be left unprotected provided another goalie under contract is also exposed. And again erred with Morrissey, his modified NMC kicks in in 2025 (hmm, lots of inaccuracies and conflicting info out there in internet land - once more the universe has let me down!)

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If I read the rules correctly for goalies, only one is required to be under contract. So a UFA goalie could be left unprotected provided another goalie under contract is also exposed. And again erred with Morrissey, his modified NMC kicks in in 2025 (hmm, lots of inaccuracies and conflicting info out there in internet land - once more the universe has let me down!)

So, you're suggesting exposing Helle? 

From: https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

Helle is the only goalie, other than Berdin and Cole who meet the criteria. And, I doubt Cole does, I just threw him in because he's not a UFA.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not till next year

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/joshua-morrissey

One thing I did not factor in pondering the protected list for the expansion draft was queued up by Maurice in his exit interview when talking about the young defence. Pointed out that Samberg, Heinola, and Stanley are all lefties along with Morrissey so he does not want to pressure them into playing the off side at the start of their career. And we saw the success of Stanley playing 3rd line sheltered minutes. So with DeMelo being a righty, and with his contract locked in, I now feel he will be the 3rd defenceman protected over Stanley. This would leave Stanley or Appleton as the likely departure, unless (a) the prospect of Andrew Copp’s salary increase handcuffing the team makes him the unprotected forward (hard to imagine), or (b) Chevy cuts a deal like he did with Vegas. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Heard one media wag spitballing that Copp could be a 4x $4million range deal, and Pionk would be in line for a similar deal to Morrissey’s. The going rate for forwards now seems to be $100,000 per point. But I would see anything over $3-3.5 million as an overpay for Copp. I think this year’s offensive output was an outlier spurred by a contract year surge. He is not a 60 point/yr player as this year projected. Not close to that. As for Pionk, hoping we can keep him under $5.5 million, but he will get paid. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Heard one media wag spitballing that Copp could be a 4x $4million range deal, and Pionk would be in line for a similar deal to Morrissey’s. The going rate for forwards now seems to be $100,000 per point. But I would see anything over $3-3.5 million as an overpay for Copp. I think this year’s offensive output was an outlier spurred by a contract year surge. He is not a 60 point/yr player as this year projected. Not close to that. As for Pionk, hoping we can keep him under $5.5 million, but he will get paid. 

Pionk's agent will point at 44's contract and say THAT or BETTER. 44's contract killing us twice 🤣

On 2021-06-09 at 1:26 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

The speculation comes from how he played upon return, and if it was just bad play or that he was not fully healed.

post season interview, Pierre says he was not injured.

go to 35 minutes.

PLD,i get the excuses but you would think he could stand out in 1 game. I just don't see it. All the talk of how he dominated in last years playoffs against the Leafs but with us ,zip ,zero does he want to be here or is he just terribly overrated?  I guess we wait and see....

Edited by bb1

22 minutes ago, bb1 said:

PLD,i get the excuses but you would think he could stand out in 1 game. I just don't see it. All the talk of how he dominated in last years playoffs against the Leafs but with us ,zip ,zero does he want to be here or is he just terribly overrated?  I guess we wait and see....

I'd dump him. We need to have more flexibility with our salary cap. If he goes somewhere & dominates so be it.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

what a remarkably bad take in a matter of just 22 words.

thank christ chevy is way smarter than that.

Well hopefully Chevy knows. Does he want to be here? Based on his play so far i think its a fair question.

Edited by bb1

46 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Well hopefully Chevy knows. Does he want to be here? Based on his play so far i think its a fair question.

I cant understand how playing half heartedly improves a players chances of going  elsewhere, or staying here and either waynmaking a lot of money.

not saying it doesnt happen. but wouldnt playing well be smarter stay or go?

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

I cant understand how playing half heartedly improves a players chances of going  elsewhere, or staying here and either waynmaking a lot of money.

not saying it doesnt happen. but wouldnt playing well be smarter stay or go?

Hmmm how did it work for him in Columbus? I am not saying its the same situation but his play is lacking for a supposed impact player and  the history is there. I guess we wait and see.

Edited by bb1