Round 2 - Game 4 : @Montreal

Glad I missed the final choke. 

**** this series was abysmal. That was embarrassing. It was like watching a minor league team go up against a major league team... 

I swear, the next canadien fan who taunts me with "Olé, Olé, Olé"- as God as my witness, I will smack the habs out of them, stand over them yelling: "Olé, Olé, Olé" is SPANISH YOU ****, it's for Soccer you dumb ass! 

Now excuse me while I go a entertain my self with something more pleasant than that play off series.

*Starts crunching data of the excessive deaths in India*

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

The Jets over achieved this year, with such terrible depth on D and after getting completely hosed on the Laine trade I think the team did better then expected.

Story for next season... Chevy needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat to make up for giving up Laine and Roslovic for a very average player.  We should of had an extra 1st rounder next year. He definitely is on the hot seat. 

Maurice is safe for another season. 

12 hours ago, do or die said:

Why do we look so much more tired that the Habs? 

not enough /better smelling salts

I thought some of the forwards looked uninterested in working hard. ie puck behind Montreal net, "someone else can go back there and fight for it"

also, do these players get help with nutrition, or do they live on cheeseburgers.

Edited by Mark F

We lost because Scheifele and DeMelo were huge losses that exposed our depth, which had been heralded around the league following the Dubois trade. I also believe there were guys playing very hurt and not close to 100% in this series. It wasn't even the same team that went up against Edmonton. I truly believe that. If they can find a way to upgrade the D depth and continue to draft and develop up front, this is still a very very good team. And I believe in PaMo.....he's not the problem.

Sure, we can have a quick bounce back if a few things happen, but plenty of questions this off season...
The deal is to get younger, stronger and faster, overall...

On D.

Just show Boo Boo, Forbert, and Benn a map to the exit ramp.  Keep Poolman for now( who can skate),  and really hope somebody helps him along with his hockey IQ.
Protect Stanley.   Heinola and Slamberg have open slots waiting for them.   Need to bring in another D-man, so we can have enough competent pairings, back there....

Up front.

Convinced PLD was nicked pretty badly, confident he will have a big bounce back.
Have to keep 81 with 55.  Connor looked hopeless without the Chief.
Hard look needs to be taken at Wheeler's role and ice time, moving forward
Get rid of the glue guys - need to get faster and younger there - Ves, Gus, and Harkins waiting and waiting and waiting....
Stas will be 36, love the guy but we need to divert some cap to defensive upgrades.
Copp resigning here or not....is going to create a ripple effect on bottom 6
Perfetti?   Up to him.  If he can break in.....absolutely give him some PP time.  We need more creativity there

Coaching

I have defended Maurice on HF for a number of years now.   I am finding it real hard, right now to continue doing so.
Will deal with that issue in another post

6 minutes ago, do or die said:

On D.

Just show Boo Boo, Forbert, and Benn a map to the exit ramp.  Keep Poolman for now( who can skate),  and really hope somebody helps him along with his hockey IQ.
Protect Stanley.   Heinola and Slamberg have open slots waiting for them.   Need to bring in another D-man, so we can have enough competent pairings, back there....

Up front.

Convinced PLD was nicked pretty badly, confident he will have a big bounce back.
Have to keep 81 with 55.  Connor looked hopeless without the Chief.
Hard look needs to be taken at Wheeler's role and ice time, moving forward
Get rid of the glue guys - need to get faster and younger there - Ves, Gus, and Harkins waiting and waiting and waiting....
Stas will be 36, love the guy but we need to divert some cap to defensive upgrades.
Copp resigning here or not....is going to create a ripple effect on bottom 6

Copp is still RFA which is weird he's 26. So after arb he'll be here another year.

Our best Dman is not signed to 2028 at 6m a year.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Copp is still RFA which is weird he's 26. So after arb he'll be here another year.

Our best Dman is not signed to 2028 at 6m a year.

Knew about Copp's status.   My thinking was if the Jets are serious about signing him, they should do it before arbitration, for a number of reasons....