Round 2 - Game 1 : Montreal

9 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Reaves (two previous fines and two previous suspensions) got two for kneeling on the back of a guy's head and ripping out some of his hair. Scheifele (no previous fines or suspensions)got four. Something doesn't add up to me.

But Reaves didn’t skate a great distance and have momentum... /s

Four games. The biggest frustration is trying to understand this being consistent with other rulings. It would be interesting to be in the room as they toss around their thoughts on the hit and hearing how eventually they land on four games.

I think that might be even more frustrating to listen to.

Another organization that may be challenged with understanding the rationale behind this ruling is the New York Rangers.

7 hours ago, Stretch said:

Reaves (two previous fines and two previous suspensions) got two for kneeling on the back of a guy's head and ripping out some of his hair. Scheifele (no previous fines or suspensions)got four. Something doesn't add up to me.

Yeah, you have George Parros a crazy former goon as the head of NHL discipline handing out suspensions.

George Parros Stats and News | Sports hero, Hockey room, Anaheim ducks

15 hours ago, bb1 said:

Anyway you look at it...it was stupid if for only risking Schiefele over a bit player like Evans. Dumb penalty to take that might cost us big time. Should of let up, lived to fight another day.

Sure... If you completely disregard the fact it wasn't a penalty. There was no charge. The official who called it charging needs to get his eyes checked. Scheifele didn't take three strides and his feet didn't leave the ice prior to contact.

Four games for #55 is yet another bungle by that assclown Parros and the DOPS. I expect Scheifele to appeal it but that still means he sits for at least two games, IMO.

****, the NHL's officiating and disciplinary systems are a disgrace.

Just a reminder that a play like, that is after the whistle and can not even be considered a "hockey play", for a repeat offender in the regular season warrants no suspension and only a $5,000 fine.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/tom-wilson-suspension-timeline-history-fines-capitals-penguins-zach-aston-reese/k3plwl8lfkot11flpw7ah3yf7

As of March 6, no player in the NHL has been penalized more since Wilson entered the league in 2013. Of his 333 penalties (regular-season only) during that span, more than 20 percent have been majors (72). They add up to 1,052 minutes, including 16 misconducts and two match penalties. Only three other players (Antoine Roussel, Cody McLeod and Evander Kane) have more than 700 penalty minutes. Again, these figures don't even include his postseason misbehavior.

Wilson has now been suspended five times and fined twice by the league.

The fix is in.....what a friggin joke....I could see a fine but not 4 games....Maurice must be just livid but will go out a sportsman over the issue...The league looks bad on this call and IF Le Canadians prevail it will be a tainted one and stink to high heaven...I hope they enjoy the series handed to them and I hope to hell they get their arse kicked in the next round....

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Just a reminder that a play like, that is after the whistle and can not even be considered a "hockey play", for a repeat offender in the regular season warrants no suspension and only a $5,000 fine.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/tom-wilson-suspension-timeline-history-fines-capitals-penguins-zach-aston-reese/k3plwl8lfkot11flpw7ah3yf7

Serious question.

What competencies and experiences did the NHL brass see in George Parros for them to be confident in him effectively leading the Department of Player Safety?

They didn't really specifically answer that question when they fined the New York Rangers $250,000 for questioning his leadership. 

9 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Word is Montreal fans were sending hateful messages to his parents because if this hit. I’d be surprised if we hear anything out of Montreal media on this.

Yeah... that's pretty much on brand for them. Are the Canadien fans the riderfans of the NHL?

Regardless... pretty classless.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy