Round 2 - Game 1 : Montreal

This should be a good series. Both teams are virtual unknowns. To borrow from English football, minnows. 

Just two little clubs, no one had ever heard of, making their way to the second round. Unseating the giants of hockey.

I feel for Sportsnet, as there is so little information on these teams. I mean, where is Winnipeg, exactly? And, isn't Montreal where they race cars? 

I think either team could take this. I hope the Jets win it in 4 and get to rest, while the Vegas-Avs beat each other up over 7 games. 

Wouldn't it be something to face Vegas in the next round, underdogs, with lots of rest, facing a favoured Vegas team coming off a grueling seven game series? 

giphy.gif

Dare to dream. 

Ehlers and Perry get reacquainted. Hoping the their reunion results in about 6 and half minutes of icetime for CP.

What kind of excuses errr reasons do the pro TO and EDM commentators trot out as to why they find themselves calling this 'unexpected' series?

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ehlers and Perry get reacquainted. Hoping the their reunion results in about 6 and half minutes of icetime for CP.

What kind of excuses errr reasons do the pro TO and EDM commentators trot out as to why they find themselves calling this 'unexpected' series?

Goalies. That's all they'll talk about all series long. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Funny had the same thought lol.

Insert Jack Campbell and Mike Smith under bus.

If McDavid/Draisaitl or Matthews/Marner can't solve them, what luck do Eaaaaalers and Mark Wheeler, Schefiffifle, Kotakammmmima, Cauliflower have? None at all. No goal series. Coin flip to see who progresses. 

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I would not do it but if they want to...okay!

Just call it Eaton Elementary School and everything will be fine. 

But, honestly, these are fully vaccinated health care workers, so there isn't really an issue. Further, they're spaced out far more than most people at a department store/mall. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

But, honestly, these are fully vaccinated health care workers, so there isn't really an issue. Further, they're spaced out far more than most people at a department store/mall. 

well it would be nice to see something with the name Eaton's here again.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

and the Phone Booth is going to be sanitized to the hilt, too.... I get that people are mad about the optics of it, but really......it's going to be incredibly safe.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

and the Phone Booth is going to be sanitized to the hilt, too.... I get that people are mad about the optics of it, but really......it's going to be incredibly safe.

I don't get why people are mad about the optics, it's time to move on already.  Optics be darned, let's go.

Don't get the elementary school reference when my kid right now is in the other room doing remote learning and she's 6. 

If ppl are pissed about 500 health care fully vaccinated health care workers being given a perk because a percentage of the Bible belt in Manitoba won't listen and keeps causing their jobs to be hell... **** them. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Don't get the elementary school reference when my kid right now is in the other room doing remote learning and she's 6. 

If ppl are pissed about 500 health care fully vaccinated health care workers being given a perk because a percentage of the Bible belt in Manitoba won't listen and keeps causing their jobs to be hell... **** them. 

With that said I have received 1 dose already and look forward to getting dose 2 so I can go to bomber games this season lol. 

But since this is Jets. I took Jets in 6 in my rd1 pool so I'll go Jets in 5 this time. 

Oh and Colorado vs Winnipeg would be awesome cuz WPG and Colorado are central division foes and we actually do pretty well against them. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

But, honestly, these are fully vaccinated health care workers, so there isn't really an issue.

To me the issue is i doubt if anyone in that entire TN company(players, coaches, etc) are fully vaccinated.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg