Round 1 - Game 4 : Edmonton

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Question for the media to consider, is McDavid more Marcel Dionne than Crosby or Gretzky?

Did you see Dionne play? You might want to use a different player as he was a great centre. Yeah, he played on a Kings team with teammates Charlie Simmer & Dave Taylor. All 3 had over 100 points & were called the Triple Crown Line & were together for 2 seasons. But there wasn't much on that team for much else. That line dominated until Simmer broke his leg in 1981 going into the playoffs.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The thing about a generational player in the NHL is eventually they will get their Cup. So will McD.

Agreed but it'll require better roster management by the Oilers. One player can rarely carry his team to a championship.

I still can't believe the Jets swept the Oilers last night. It's a great achievement for a team that so many had written off prior to this series and I think this victory could temper the locker room going forward. Boys can get some much needed rest and see who they're going to face next.

good fans, bad fans.... silly discussion

all groups of sports fans are the same.

have a look at the oilers fan discussins right now. 

firing the whole team including 97.

ten days ago oilers fans thiught was going to be an easy series. they has the greatest team and their coach was brilliant. 

the only group that tends to endorse everything their team does is riders.

overall, fans dont know 

eg....the ones that dont like pomo post after a loss, the ones that do, after a win.

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fanatic says not this year. 🙂

marino didnt win a championship.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Oilers have been in cap hell for awhile because of Chiarelli. This summer is supposed to be the first time Holland will have space to actually make some real changes. 

They've got a lot of work to do. 11 UFAs and 4 RFAs (3 with arbitration rights). A lot of change will be coming. 

I like to come out strong....especially when the media get it wrong...I have to admit I had my misgivings when we blew a tire at the end of the season BUT then went to the pit and put on a new set of 'wheels'...(no not our captain)....Just seemed to find ourselves...I think the guys looked around the dressing room and said to themselves..'this club has too much talent to be given the short shrift by brainwashed media types'...Even IF we go out in the next round (hope we don't),we've proved a lot of people wrong...Whoever we face next...(looks most likely T.O.) if we can come up with same effort we gave against the Oilers..you just never know how far we can go...GOJETS

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did you see Dionne play? You might want to use a different player as he was a great centre. Yeah, he played on a Kings team with teammates Charlie Simmer & Dave Taylor. All 3 had over 100 points & were called the Triple Crown Line & were together for 2 seasons. But there wasn't much on that team for much else. That line dominated until Simmer broke his leg in 1981 going into the playoffs.

That was what I mean, great player, never one the cup, played on poor teams. Will McDavid suffer the same fate.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

marino didnt win a championship.

Neither did Milt...

57 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

That was what I mean, great player, never one the cup, played on poor teams. Will McDavid suffer the same fate.

Dale Hawerchuk....the Jets had their chance in 1990 and blew it...argh...they could have gone all the way that year.

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Dale Hawerchuk....the Jets had their chance in 1990 and blew it...argh.

is that when jamie macoun cross checked hawerchuk, as dale was crossing calgary blue line, put him out of series, jets were up and that finished them?

no penalty as I recall.

worst play in my hockey fan life.

Edited by Mark F

32 minutes ago, Mark F said:

is that when jamie macoun cross checked hawerchuk, as dale was crossing calgary blue line, put him out of series, jets were up and that finished them?

no penalty as I recall.

worst play in my hockey fan life.

NHL Apr. 13, 1985 Jamie Macoun,CGY v Dale Hawerchuk,WPG (crosscheck) Calgary Flames Winnipeg Jets - YouTube

Hawerchuk getting injured was in 1985.  1990 was when we had that heart-breaking loss to the Oilers.  The Oilers went on to win the Cup.  I think the Jets could have followed that same path.

I knew a guy who was at that game.  He said that he could hear Dale scream from the upper decks on that hit.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

He said that he could hear Dale scream from the upper decks on that hit.

I lost interest in hockey because of that play. goon hockey, celebrated for years finally now  mostly gone.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I thought you were talikng about a lack of leadership at critical times with Marcel Dionne. He was money. Dionne was a great leader & desering of a captaincy. I never saw him berating his linemates on the bench for all to see like McDavid did last night. Okay Pulijarrvi fed him a bad pass. **** happens. Who gave up the puck to end the series?? McJesus. Bet he won't be held accountable the way the young Finn was by being demoted to the fourth line. McDavid needs to realize that being a leader is more than yelling at teammates. 

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Agreed but it'll require better roster management by the Oilers. One player can rarely carry his team to a championship.

I still can't believe the Jets swept the Oilers last night. It's a great achievement for a team that so many had written off prior to this series and I think this victory could temper the locker room going forward. Boys can get some much needed rest and see who they're going to face next.

I bet Wheeler is glad for the time off after that puck in the groin. I just can't imagine how that must have felt.  I mean I can imagine but I don't want to know. I mean, i probably know I just don't want to describe it. I mean, I can describe it, I just don'r want to feel it. I mean, I can feel it but I'm trying to black out now. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mc David will probably have to leave in order to do it. 

Probably?  I doubt that I will ever see a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup again in my lifetime.

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I bet Wheeler is glad for the time off after that puck in the groin. I just can't imagine how that must have felt.  I mean I can imagine but I don't want to know. I mean, i probably know I just don't want to describe it. I mean, I can describe it, I just don'r want to feel it. I mean, I can feel it but I'm trying to black out now.