Round 1 - Game 4 : Edmonton

Fun facts:

- Jets tie an NHL record with 3 consecutive OT wins in one series

- Connor Hellebuyck made 28 saves on 28 shots in OT in the series 

- Edmonton led for 48:11 and trailed for 0:00 in games 2 and 3 and lost both. Tonight they led for 9:24 and trailed for 9:06. 

- Draisaitl led the Oilers with 2G 3A 5P. McDavid was 1-3-4. They were a combined -4. Scheifele and Wheeler each went 2-3-5, and Connor 2-2-4. That line was a combined +7. Guess they figured out how to defend the best 2 players in the league. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

The poor babies at Sportsnet won't get the McDavid-Matthews match up in the second round that they so desperately wanted. Now, they may have to do some research into that plucky little Jets team and pretend they know something about them. 

The next round is going to be even worse. 

Can't wait for one of the reporters to call Blake Wheeler "Mark" again.   That's always a treat.

Oilers fans and media are a whiney bunch. My God.

"ClUtCHing!!" "GrabBINGM McdAvid!"

"If it wasn't for Helle we would have swept the Jets!"
"Refs lost us the series!"
"Jets got the bounces, we got no puck luck!!!"

Give me a ****ing break, the Oiler had three 5 on 3s ffs.

The better team won. End of story. 

Also the better team won because Tippet is incapable of making an adjustment. He's an awful coach. I was shocked by his dinosaur-like decisions.

Edited by Dr Zaius

It was nauseating to listen to Hrudey in between periods gush about McDavid's leadership in this game. His team is down 3-0 in the series smh.

How about talk about our Captain, we be up 3-0 after being fairly big underdogs going into the series and not to mention the fact of BW putting his junk on the line to block a shot.

I guess it doesn't make for good tv.

And by the way, don't know if anyone caught it but Singh really showed his colors on one play as I believe it was Nurse who had a point blank shot and missed the net and Singh yelled 'Oh no!'. 

Years of gut wrenching losses to the Oilers makes me a very sore winner right now. 🙂

As much as it pains the eastern media to say it...'THE BETTER TEAM WON'....I don't care what the points in the final stages of the season were....we led the Oilers most of the year in the standings...Guess it got over looked by the lame pundits....We are a better balanced team and proved it....sooooo they can all go cry in their beer and give this team the credit they deserve....McDavid who??????...GOJETS

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It was nauseating to listen to Hrudey in between periods gush about McDavid's leadership in this game. His team is down 3-0 in the series smh.

And by the way, don't know if anyone caught it but Singh really showed his colors on one play as I believe it was Nurse who had a point blank shot and missed the net and Singh yelled 'Oh no!'. 

🙂

yeah I heard that...they can give that little homer the gate....UNBIASED....MY AUNT FANNY

not sure how being biased for the oilers helps ratings. just makes them look foolish and not good enough to cover these games.

Jets are on a six game win streak.

overtime goal, smith falls onto ice in despair, not one oiler went over to him.

not good.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So all is forgiven now? PaMa? Morrissey? The D?

I think that question goes to you who gave the Jets less than a zero chance of winning this round and traded Morrissey a half dozen times during the year. 

Trust the process? 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think that question goes to you who gave the Jets less than a zero chance of winning this round and traded Morrissey a half dozen times during the year. 

Trust the process? 

We'd have lost the series without Morrisey. Still not a PoMo fan but let's see how far we can go. Our D is actually playing well with the only names being Morrisey & Pionk. They aren't that bad. Helle bails us out....

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

not sure how being biased for the oilers helps ratings. just makes them look foolish and not good enough to cover these games.

Jets are on a six game win streak.

overtime goal, smith falls onto ice in despair, not one oiler went over to him.

not good.

They ran him out of town in Calgary. I don't think he's that likeable as a teammate. How can a guy with so much talent keep bouncing around? 

27 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I dont know but even formhis effor in this series, deserved something from teammates.

He did. I'll just say there's no "I" in the spelling of team. Except on the Oilers.

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

IMO.....

Reasons Jets Beat The Oilers: 

-Hellebuyck

-Maurice

-Overall forward depth/production from bottom 6

Defense was tenacious.

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I’m a fan not a fanatic.

I'd challenge that.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So all is forgiven now? PaMa? Morrissey? The D?

Knowing some of the fans on the site, forgiveness will only last until they are behind in a future game. Then the wolves will be at the door again. Don’t believe me? Re-read the posts in the first 3 pages of the game 3 thread, or check out the first few pages of the 2019 west semi final thread in the Blue Bomber discussion page. Whoever called this fan base bi-polar nailed it. Any adversity our teams face and some will see it as a much larger systemic issue that requires an overhaul/blow it up/mass firings.