Round 1 - Game 2 : @ Edmonton

I feel like it's been an extremely even series, and it could easily be 2-0 the other way, if bounces had gone differently. Smith has been outstanding for the Oilers and deserves a better fate. Helle has earned every bit of this series for the Jets. It's been a lot of fun to watch, if you like this kind of game. 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I feel like it's been an extremely even series, and it could easily be 2-0 the other way, if bounces had gone differently. Smith has been outstanding for the Oilers and deserves a better fate. Helle has earned every bit of this series for the Jets. It's been a lot of fun to watch, if you like this kind of game. 

Said no Winnipeg Jet fan ever.

Yes it was a very entertaining game to watch last night.

2 more to 4. :)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Stop giving the Oilers so much credit - do not pass go - do not collect $200.

😀🤣

12 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Awful officiating, just awful.  Hopefully we can build some momentum off those kills.

Apparently to Cassie and Ron, it was for Edmonton after the first period.

No mention tho of officiating the rest of the way after the 2nd and third period breaks. Weird.

At some point in this series one of them is going to slip out how fun it would be to see a Matthews/McDavid matchup.

Go Habs tonight.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Apparently to Cassie and Ron, it was for Edmonton after the first period.

No mention tho of officiating the rest of the way after the 2nd and third period breaks. Weird.

At some point in this series one of them is going to slip out how fun it would be to see a Matthews/McDavid matchup.

Go Habs tonight.

Just imagine the worship if McDavid had scored OT winner last night...they would have dedicated a shrine 5 minutes after the game. 

6 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Just imagine the worship if McDavid had scored OT winner last night...they would have dedicated a shrine 5 minutes after the game. 

Not much of an exaggeration.

Seriously the disappointment on all their faces after the Jets scored the ot winner was comical. Work on your poker faces.

mcdavid skating style is pretty unusual..... legs start whirling, short superfast strides.

he really is fun to watch, seems to have instinct for an open hole like a good running back. 

probably sees things faster than most.

his setups are great too.

saw he has some ridiculous amount of assists last month.

all the more credit to the jets..... whole team has shut him down.

jets forwards have been pretty spectacular too. conner puck  handling, good grief.

stanley  is fun to watch too. low key but intense.

Edited by Mark F

There's never been a player who skated as well WITH the puck. He actually gets fast when he's got the puck, which is nuts. People always say "you've got to shut him down... You've got to hit him..." Well ya, but nobody on any team can skate with him. 

All of which is to say that the Jets are doing a miraculous job of shutting that Oilers top line down.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not going all in on Helle's been the difference. Smith has been great as well.

I think the real difference has been the 3/4th lines. Lowry is in PLD playoff beast mode minus the scoring.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm not going all in on Helle's been the difference. Smith has been great as well.

I think the real difference has been the 3/4th lines. Lowry is in PLD playoff beast mode minus the scoring.

The defensive stick positioning and shot blocking has also been a big factor. Defence has played a simple smart game and the only really clear shots the Oilers are getting through are coming from the outside. Lots of tipped or blocked shots. 

18 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The defensive stick positioning and shot blocking has also been a big factor. Defence has played a simple smart game and the only really clear shots the Oilers are getting through are coming from the outside. Lots of tipped or blocked shots. 

I think equally important to this is staying out of the box.

So far our PK has done real well with the few penalties we've taken but I would not want to continue to test this.

Playing 5 on 5 minimizes giving more space for McDavid and Draisaitl to do their thing.

Plus I think our first line when matched with theirs has done well overall so far.