Round 1 - Game 2 : @ Edmonton

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Vesaleinen shows flashes for brief moments given his size, but we need more from a second liner than one wrist shot chance a game. Not sure what will get him going to that next level. Leaves me often wondering why the hype around him?

The kid barely played this year, then was thrown out with players that he was not familiar with. Certainly looked the part but needs to shoot more. 

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Vesaleinen shows flashes for brief moments given his size, but we need more from a second liner than one wrist shot chance a game. Not sure what will get him going to that next level. Leaves me often wondering why the hype around him?

I mostly agree with this. If u are drafted as an offensive player, u should be playing <2 years. Now our only hope is that maybe he's a delayed development like Poolparty. That guy should have spent an extra year in Finland learning English. He's a great guy now for Oilers. Blasted Oilers!

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The kid barely played this year, then was thrown out with players that he was not familiar with. Certainly looked the part but needs to shoot more. 

Exactly.  He needs some consistent ice time with the Jets and not have to worry that if he doesn’t play perfectly, he’s back to the press box.  I’m not saying he’s going to turn into a legit NHL player, but he needs a real chance.

And he did more than get one wrist shot in that game.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I mostly agree with this. If u are drafted as an offensive player, u should be playing <2 years. Now our only hope is that maybe he's a delayed development like Poolparty. That guy should have spent an extra year in Finland learning English. He's a great guy now for Oilers. Blasted Oilers!

Holy geez, the guy hasn't even hit 20 goals in a season. He was the 4th overall pick. "Great" is a relative term here. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Omg CBC commentators saying Oilers aren’t getting the penalty calls. Puleeessse. Why don’t they just start chanting we want McDavid Matthews series.

Yeah I was thinking about that too.  Did they run out of ideas to talk about.  I will the fact that the Jets came out flying and took it Edmonton and outshot them.  All they complain about is the lack of penalties