2021 NHL Playoffs

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I prefer to call them the Garbage Knights. And I'm glad they're a loss away from being eliminated. **** that team.

at one point a knight player skated beside a hab who had the puck on the boards, no intent to check, or get the puck, just elbowed the hab in the head. 

old fashioned goon hockey.

"In the first period, Kucherov was cross-checked by New York Islandersdefenseman Scott Mayfield in front of referee Chris Lee, who didn't whistle a penalty on the play."

Cross checking not a penalty in the  NHL at this time. 

constant cross checking. all teams.

this playoff hockey rules bit is childish.

no idea where or when it started, but the league should end it.

and why is chris lee still reffing.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"In the first period, Kucherov was cross-checked by New York Islandersdefenseman Scott Mayfield in front of referee Chris Lee, who didn't whistle a penalty on the play."

After the Jets are out, the NHL is not worth watching. Everything is random. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Cross checking is legal. So is spearing (sorry, “high sticking” to the testicles). Only body checking is a grievous crime. 

Honestly, I figured Scheifele deserved something for the charge and figured a game of two because of the optics of the stretcher and unconsciousness. Now that I have seen what other flagrant fouls have been given (or rather not given) as punishment, and hearing Evans was walking around the dressing room after and never even went to hospital, Scheifele got totally screwed by the league. If I was coaching, I’d tell my players to do soccer-like dives and force the medical staff to haul them all off on stretchers. Seems the only determining factor for discipline is result, not intent, so faking injury is the only way to get another player suspended if you aren’t actually hurt. 

I wonder if the refs are consciously calling games this way in response to Tim Peel being kicked out of the league for his hot mic “managing the game” comments, as a form of protest?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

25 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

MTL going to Cup final. Beat VGK in overtime.

MTL vs NYI?

Crazy...Mtl might be the favorite if it's  Mtl ,Islanders final. What a crazy year in so many ways...

Edited by bb1

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Disgusting. **** that franchise and their entitled fans. Every bit as bad as Leafs, Riders, Yankees and Cowboys fans....... Pray to everything holy that either NYI or Tampa can end this thing before it gets any worse. 

Except that the Habs deserve every success they get by the way they're playing.  They seem to win almost every puck race and their sticks are unbelievable.  I've found reasons to hate them, but I'm pulling for Price and Weber.

4 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Except that the Habs deserve every success they get by the way they're playing. 

no kidding. and cory perry leading the way.

jets folded against vegas not too long ago.

Jets team needs to be figuring out why the habs are so much better than they are.

Canadian team? Go Habs!

I had so much fun as a kid watching leafs and canadiens. legendary players and coaches.

Edited by Mark F

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

no kidding. and cory perry leading the way.

jets folded against vegas not too long ago.

Jets team needs to be figuring out why the habs are so much better than they are.

Canadian team? Go Habs!

I had so much fun as a kid watching leafs and canadiens. legendary players and coaches.

or maybe they should figure out how to not get swept by Corey Perry when we are up against a team he's on in the playoffs

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/habs-hope-to-welcome-10-500-fans-starting-for-game-3-at-the-bell-centre-1.5490209

"If authorized, Bélanger said the Canadiens are open to having to ask for proof of COVID-19 vaccination if Quebec Health authorities make it a requirement. So far, the 3,500 fans who had been permitted into games were not required to show any proof of vaccination."