2021 NHL Playoffs

58 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

How many years have they had to build around him, the best player on the planet? They’ve been gifted first round draft picks for losing consistently.

just reading on reddit nhl, the thinking is former oiler gm made a mess in Boston, and then did the same in Edmonton.

some of the leafs jokes at reddit nhl are pretty funny. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

just reading on reddit nhl, the thinking is former oiler gm made a mess in Boston, and then did the same in Edmonton.

This is, indeed, what happened. This summer is their first chance during McDavid's time to get our from under the rubble and build... 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

anyone know when the Jets-Canadiens round 2 series starts?  I can't find anything online (not that I've looked too hard either)...

Wednesday night! 

Friday, Sunday, Monday...

So my brother lives in Toronto but is still a Jets fan. He tells me that Leafs’ fans hate the Nylander contract and think he should have been let go so they could build around M and M. Yet he showed up in the playoffs, and the Rocket Richard winner had one goal, one more than Marner did. And the Joe Thornton channels Eay Boutique moment never happened. 

Watching Carey Price in the post game. He seems bored.  He is the biggest threat to the Jets in round 2. 

Based on respective winning percentages, this is the 3rd biggest upset ever in the big 3 sports (football doesn’t count) for a favoured team blowing a 3-1 series lead in a 7 game series. Toronto was .161 percentage points better than Montreal. The only bigger gap on hockey was when the 2010 Canadiens came back from down 1-3 to beat the President’s Trophy winning and perennial 3-1 chokers Washington, who were .201 better in winning percentage. In basketball, in 1995 Houston was .147 worse than Phoenix and trailed 3-1 before storming back to win, and even worse was Golden State and their best ever regular season being .195 better and up 3-1 on the Cavaliers in the NBA Final in 2016 before LeBron took over and finally won a title for Cleveland. In baseball, because of limited playoff spots, no such extreme gaps in winning percentage exist, but the 1985 Royals twice came back from 3-1 down both in the ALCS against the Blue Jays, who were .053 better, and then St. Louis, who were .061 better, for the biggest upsets ever in that situation in baseball.