2021 NHL Playoffs

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If the Leafs win Thursday, does the league start the series Saturday night, or have they already decided that it will start as late as Wednesday already planning around a max series?

I think they will give the Leafs some rest, because you know, it's the Leafs. 
We're the underdog again but I like the Jets mentality. Won't be different next series.

"You saw the Oilers logo a lot more than you saw the Jets logo."
"We heard that outside noise and we thought we could ruin some people's playoff pools."

Edited by M.O.A.B.

They will want the Leafs playing every Saturday on HNIC, so I could see them pushing them to play this weekend if they finish off the Habs tomorrow. The Colorado/Vegas-Minny series likely starts Sunday, as would Boston/Pit-NYI. The other two could go Monday unless the Leafs get stretched to 7, but then we would see a 3 day gap to get Toronto-Montreal/Winnipeg on the Saturday cycle. I am happy to see us get any extra rest we can. 

39 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If the Leafs win Thursday, does the league start the series Saturday night, or have they already decided that it will start as late as Wednesday already planning around a max series?

As it's a game 5 elimination its got to be at least 2 days rest so Sunday earliest.

So we are seeing the numbers in US arenas climbing, and even Montreal has said they could put 2,500 in the Bell Centre in the next round if they get that far. I know the Bombers have developed a partially filled stadium protocol that is supposedly acceptable once a league-wide return to play model is approved. New York has its arena divided into vaccinated (full) and non-vaccinated (socially distanced) sections last night. All this to ask the question: should the Province allow fans to attend Jets’ games in person if they have been vaccinated (and can offer proof) or should we wait until all restrictions are lifted?

I think it's a fair question to ask, but not one that will even be broached until things are looking MUCH better in MB. When the hospital system is under siege as it is, things just look really really bad for the province, and it would be a tough ask for the Jets to try and get fans in the arena. Now, what if the Jets advance past the Leafs and a month from now things look WAY better..? Are other teams going to be allowed to cross the border to play up here? Will the Jets have to play in a US bubble? The world could look wildly different (better) one month from now...

Having said all that, I saw a clip of Chipper talking about this subject earlier in the season, and he said they have never had any intention of having fans in the stands at any point this season. They are fully ready to take on whatever financial burden is necessary in order to make sure everyone is safe. 

The Leafs/Habs game is going to go into OT, those 20 minutes are going to determine whether the Jets will play again on Saturday or sometime next week

8:52 update: Habs score, Jets will have to wait

Edited by iHeart

21 minutes ago, iHeart said:

The Leafs/Habs game is going to go into OT, those 20 minutes are going to determine whether the Jets will play again on Saturday or sometime next week

8:52 update: Habs score, Jets will have to wait

TOR gives up 2 on nothing breakaway in overtime and MTL scores. Love it. Jets earliest game now is Tuesday I think.

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TOR gives up 2 on nothing breakaway in overtime and MTL scores. Love it. Jets earliest game now is Tuesday I think.

If the Leafs closed it out Saturday, it would not surprise me to see them start Monday to keep up with the other 3 divisions, then play Wednesday and force a back-to-back again Friday and Saturday in Winnipeg to get them on HNIC. Unless the powers that be see that as too taxing on Toronto, in which case they will have a 2 day break and jump right to Saturday. The first 2 US series can start on Sunday if the league wanted to.