Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Edmonton

McDavid calls come from him being so much faster than even the next fastest guy in the league. Ends up drawing a lot of hooks, trips, slashes and interference... He also takes a ton of abuse that doesn't get called. He's just much less of a whiner than Crosby. 

No PLD or no Ehlers.      Ehlers is tough to replace, so hopefully the top line is on fire tonight.

PLD hasn't been that impactful of a player, but I have noticed that he plays a much more physical game.  I see him hitting most chances he gets.  I agree that the jets need to be more physical and that's the key to slowing McDavid down.

8pm start... GO JETS GO

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Jets slower and not hitting in the 2nd. Simple plays not being made to get out of their zone. But Mike Smith having trouble controlling high shots and it leads to the rebound goal by Poolman. 

Yeah, that was a poor period by the Jets.  Glad we tied it up, but man, got to be better in the 3rd.  Need some sustained O zone time.

All year the 2nd period was by far the Jets’ worst against the Oilers. On average for the 9 games they were outshot 14-9. Tonight was 16-8 Oil. The good news is that the 3rd period was typically the Jets’ best on average with an 11-8 shot advantage. Now they just need to find a way to win a close one going into the 3rd.