Game 49 : Edmonton

do we know who Edmonton is starting in net? I thought I read Koskinen is getting the start...in which case, this should be a close game and maybe even a Jets win. I'll say 4-3 Jets if Koskinen is in....... 3-1 Oilers if Mike Smith is in. 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Coming to this site and expecting something other than doom and gloom?

Ha, good one.  I’m actually a fairly positive person in real life.  I just don’t have a great feeling about the way this team looks.

I hope the Jets prove me wrong and find a gear we haven’t seen in quite a while.

Edited by BomberBall

The kind of luck you get during a losing streak. Stastny goes 5 hole through Koskinen and hits the heel of his skate and stays out. 2 on 1 with a stick on the ice messing up the lane, and Morrissey misses an open net and then has his stick explode leading to a 2 on 1 the other way. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

So how do the Jets play the Oilers and win? Aside from Monday’s debacle where they got desperate and made stupid plays that all ended up in the net after they went down 2, every game has been close (within 1 goal going into the 3rd period in every case), yet the Oilers seem to find a way to finish in every game lately. The Jets played a patient simple game yesterday with short shifts. They neutralized McDavid mostly yet he still got 3 points (2 power play assists and an empty net assist). Stastny missed 2 goal mouth chances, and they did not generate much else. Edmonton showed they can play patient as well and they took advantage on the power play. Our only 2 wins were run and gun games but I would not suggest that this is the way to win against them. So what is the magic solution?