Merging Posts

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hate that feature. I wish we could get rid of it. Rich, can you eliminate merging? 

It only merges if they are made within 5 minutes of each other.  My question would be why are people creating so many posts within that timeframe that need to be separate?

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

It only merges if they are made within 5 minutes of each other.  My question would be why are people creating so many posts within that timeframe that need to be separate?

It just causes clutter. Lots of times I come here & a number of posters have left multiple posts on a topic. Suddenly they're merged if responded to. 

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don;t think the merge feature was in place yet during BB games right? Now imagine a game day thread where nearly every play is commented on LOL.

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I don;t think the merge feature was in place yet during BB games right? Now imagine a game day thread where nearly every play is commented on LOL.

Only merged if the posts are made by the same person and no one else has posted since.

Pulling this out into its own thread.  Curious what everyone's thoughts are on this.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Merging post is a good feature. Cleans up things. The only drawback u can see is affecting post count, but it offsets those post that are meant just for post count padding.

If one’s self worth is defined by the size of their post count on this site, they have bigger problems than being denied a false inflation due to merging. 

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Rich, can we have another topic of discussion & have an "Other Sports" section. That way, we can put NFL Football there to stop Noeller from losing his mind every year. We can talk NBA. MLB, pro soccer, the Olympics, rasslin, MMA. golf, etc. Basically any sport posters want to talk about. What do you think?

Yes, we should because the term "casual sex" implies that there is competitive sex and that would be worth reading, would it not?