NHL trade deadline 2021

There is a decent sized part of me that would love to see the Jets stand pat, see the Leafs load up, the Oilers and Habs bring in pieces, and then watch the Jets get to the final 4 just to shut up all the talking media heads and advanced stats geeks who keep telling us how flawed a team they are whose win-loss record means nothing. 

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm sure TSN is still determining if the Raptors parade route will work for the Leafs or if they should be planning a cross-country parade/caravan. 

Also I'm sure every non leaf trade ends with the commentator thinking and here's what it means for the Leafs.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Also I'm sure every non leaf trade ends with the commentator thinking 'And here's what it means for the Leafs'.

10 minutes to go, very slow day. Calgary just sent Sam Bennett to Florida for a 2nd round pick and Eric Heineman (Florida’s 2nd round pick last year). 

If the Jets make a move I would think it is for Oleksaik, who the Leafs and Oilers would also like (at least their fans would). 6’7” and 255 lbs. What would be a bad/fair/good give up to make that happen?

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

10 minutes to go, very slow day. Calgary just sent Sam Bennett to Florida for a 2nd round pick and Eric Heineman (Florida’s 2nd round pick last year). 

If the Jets make a move I would think it is for Oleksaik, who the Leafs and Oilers would also like (at least their fans would). 6’7” and 255 lbs. What would be a bad/fair/good give up to make that happen?

Tree fiddy. 

3rd or 4th rounder? 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Tree fiddy. 

3rd or 4th rounder? 

Tree fiddy?  Were you trying to type Perfetti and got autocorrected?

Time’s up (save for the late faxes into the NHL head office). Only 9 trades today. Have to think COVID quarantine and the looming Seattle expansion draft played big factors, although the early buyers’ demands were too much out of whack (Nashville wanting a first rounder, elite prospect and current player for Ekholm seems more and more ridiculous with every passing minute). 

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Can hear TSN now, who have been begging the Jets to make a move all day - “Well, it’s a move but they still did not do enough” (and I say this not knowing who they got). 

I should have trademarked that phrase. On cue Jeff O’Neill and Ray Ferraro speak up and should be paying me royalties. 

The Jets acquire Jordie Benn from the Canucks for a 6th round pick. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Well, time to fire Maurice and Chevy. TSN just declared that the Jets “could have gone a long way” but just gave up on the season by not trading away a first and Heinola and Perfetti for a 10 game rental defenceman who will mess up their expansion draft plans as well. 

I would have been happy to see Oleksaik here, but I am betting he was either not really available as Dallas takes a run, or the price was ridiculously too high.  Not that the cost matters to the talking heads at TSN who need filler. 

The Benn move is a kind of a yawner....gave up practically nothing.....for not much....  Benn has experience and he's insurance in case someone goes down is what I see...Pretty much a nothing day on the trade front...Lot's of excitement on the Toranna Shill Network though, for their already anointed local Cup team