NHL trade deadline 2021

Separate thread just to show/discuss deadline deals. 

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-acquire-nick-foligno-from-columbus-blue-jackets-stefan-noesen-from-sharks-1.1621834

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-leafs-acquire-goalie-david-rittich-from-flames-1.1621960

I would love to know where the Leafs get the money to make any deals given how much they pay their top 4. Interesting cap juggling. 

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-acquire-d-jon-merrill-from-detroit-red-wings-1.1621715

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-trade-defencemen-mike-reilly-braydon-coburn-1.1621951
Montreal acquires D help, Ottawa trades it away. 

Pens adding veteran depth for one more run. 

Buffalo’s fire sale continues. Given that the Leafs dumped a first rounder for Foligno, Boston scoring Taylor Hall for a 2nd rounder is a steal. 

https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-send-taylor-hall-curtis-lazar-to-boston-bruins-for-anders-bjork-second-rounder-1.1621992

So what do the Jets do? Every media outlet is begging them/ordering them to make a trade to shore up their defence. But I don’t see anything out there to justify a 1st round draft pick, much less that plus a prospect. There is no Pietrangelo out there this year. And if they find a top 4 D-man, who gets pulled? You aren’t yanking Morrissey or Pionk, you shouldn’t pull Stanley although he is technically the #6 guy right now. Poolman’s size is tough to give up, Forbert is the best shot blocker on the team and is steady and simple with size, which is kind of what they would trade for. Does DeMelo, last year’s saviour, ride the pine? Or is the best solution what they already have internally in Heinola and Samberg?

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So what do the Jets do? Every media outlet is begging them/ordering them to make a trade to shore up their defence. But I don’t see anything out there to justify a 1st round draft pick, much less that plus a prospect. There is no Pietrangelo out there this year. And if they find a top 4 D-man, who gets pulled? You aren’t yanking Morrissey or Pionk, you shouldn’t pull Stanley although he is technically the #6 guy right now. Poolman’s size is tough to give up, Forbert is the best shot blocker on the team and is steady and simple with size, which is kind of what they would trade for. Does DeMelo, last year’s saviour, ride the pine? Or is the best solution what they already have internally in Heinola and Samberg?

Yeah, I would love for them to add a top-4 d but not at the prices quoted. No first rounder, please.

Plus, I don't think that there is really enough time to bring in a d and have them settle. It's too late in the season, especially after a 7 day quarantine. 

I don't want them giving up anyone like Samberg or Heinola.

They've been playing in the AHL, getting accustomed to the speed and physicality of the pro game. Get them up and let them play. 

Niku can go but he has little value on the market.

Edited by JCon

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, I would love for them to add a top-4 d but not at the prices quoted. No first rounder, please.

Plus, I don't think that there is really enough time to bring in a d and have them settle. It's too late in the season, especially after a 7 days quarantine. 

I don't want them giving up anyone like Samberg or Heinola.

They've been playing in the AHL, getting accustomed to the speed and physicality of the pro game. Get them up and let them play. 

Niku can go but he has little value on the market.

I'm pretty much on point with you on this.   The Jets D prospects are looking great and the ask is way too high to land a top-4. 

Niku is a pot-sweetener at this point too, and I suspect Chevy will swing a deal with Seattle with Niku added to that mix so the Jets roster is unscathed come expansion draft time   

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm still in for Morrissey for Ekholm but since NASH has won 9/10 that's dead.

It will be Kulikov.

As for TOR getting Rittich from CAL. Good on them for a guy with Hutch quality.

apparently on the way to Edmonton shortly.....says TSN.....

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

It only merges if they are made within 5 minutes of each other.  My question would be why are people creating so many posts within that timeframe that need to be separate?

The only times it poses a problem is (A) in a new topic like this where I was trying to play catch-up from the last few days and want to keep each trade separate but things can happen quickly, and (B) when you come back to thread after some time away and want to respond to different multiple posters and quote their posts. For the TLDR crowd (who I am a favourite target of) I can appreciate their frustration at these long disjointed posts that are focussed on more than one topic within the thread. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Getting late in the day to make a move....We're not going to give up anything of value for what's currently  out there....I thought after Savard was dealt that we were done in the D moves....Could be wrong but I think we're done....I sure don't want to give up a high pick for average

Edited by Stickem
double post