Game 32 : @ Vancouver

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I thought the D were changed up? Just read this...Tucker Poolman and Dylan DeMelo traded places at the morning skate, with Poolman reunited with Josh Morrissey and DeMelo back with Logan Stanley.

Bieksa gave Stanley a shout-out on Saturday.  As much as I have little respect for Kevin Bieksa, it was nice for the youngster to get recognized.  I think Stanley has to stay in the line-up.  He is only going to get better the more that he plays, and given the dumpster fires that Beaulieu and DeMelo have been this year he's not exactly out of place or making a ton of mistakes you would expect of a kid that age.  Just my two cents anyway.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Same line-up, different pairings.

It's nice to know we have options with Morrissey.

NYR, NSH, SEA :P

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Harkins for Dubois?  lol

PLD played better lately I thought. Or maybe he's just playing better then 55.

The way 4th line playing lately I don't miss Harkins.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I thought the D were changed up? Just read this...Tucker Poolman and Dylan DeMelo traded places at the morning skate, with Poolman reunited with Josh Morrissey and DeMelo back with Logan Stanley.

Yes, that was one small change.  I was looking more at the forwards.

18 hours ago, Mark H. said:

That was pre-game show's 'explanation' for the recent poor defensive play 

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

They're not wrong..... 

Then I guess the Jets are who they are.  If you can't defend effectively against elite talent, you are going to have a very short playoff run. 

Well....there's elite talent, and then there's McJesus. The kid is a freak of nature. There's nobody even in the same realm as this guy in the league. Not being able to defend him is no real crime. There's nobody in the league that can do it effectively (the Leafs series was clearly an aberration). I have full faith that if the Jets and Oilers meet up in the North Final (certainly my hope) then the Jets are absolutely going to find a way to defend McDavid and the Oilers much better....and if we're all lucky it's a 7 game series, because that'd be an absolute dandy reminiscent of the late 80s...