CFL/XFL Exploring Alignment

JCon

Please don't use a 'free' or 'built in' VPN. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. You can buy a good VPN for less than $5 a month (VPN.AC) that won't track your every click. You can also create your own for less than $4 a month if you know what you're doing and then you don't have to worry about anyone tracking you.

On 2021-06-29 at 1:00 PM, TBURGESS said:

Please don't use a 'free' or 'built in' VPN. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. You can buy a good VPN for less than $5 a month (VPN.AC) that won't track your every click. You can also create your own for less than $4 a month if you know what you're doing and then you don't have to worry about anyone tracking you.

Why would anyone want this? It's cheap but you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to security, don't you?

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why would anyone want this? It's cheap but you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to security, don't you?

I don't understand your question. Is it Why would anyone want a VPN or Why would anyone want this particular VPN?

Why you'd want a VPN: End to End Encryption. Encrypted DNS. Get stuff that's only allowed in specific countries, like US Netflix. (Note that most of this can be done for free if you know how) Kill switch (stops your internet if you become disconnected).

Why you'd want VPN.AC in particular: Fast. Doesn't slow down in the evening (Lots of others do). Wireguard. No logs. No tracking. Works with Real-Debrid. Not owned by a media company. Best pro VPN I've used and I've used: PIA, Nord, SurfShark, Mullvad (Even more secure than VPN.AC, but more expensive) I've also created my own VPN on LINODE which I use when I want to be absolutely sure that no one but me is watching or logging.

53 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't understand your question. Is it Why would anyone want a VPN or Why would anyone want this particular VPN?

Why you'd want a VPN: End to End Encryption. Encrypted DNS. Get stuff that's only allowed in specific countries, like US Netflix. (Note that most of this can be done for free if you know how) Kill switch (stops your internet if you become disconnected).

Why you'd want VPN.AC in particular: Fast. Doesn't slow down in the evening (Lots of others do). Wireguard. No logs. No tracking. Works with Real-Debrid. Not owned by a media company. Best pro VPN I've used and I've used: PIA, Nord, SurfShark, Mullvad (Even more secure than VPN.AC, but more expensive) I've also created my own VPN on LINODE which I use when I want to be absolutely sure that no one but me is watching or logging.

Have to admit this type of technology sweeps way past me. My son in Seattle has Hulu & Netflix. I was able to watch a lot of programs I've never seen here. I would consider cutting cable if Hulu came to Canada & it was similar to Hulu in the US. My cable bill is becoming too expensive. You'd think cable providers would be worried but it appears they aren't. We certainly have no competition between Telus, Rodgers & Shaw. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Have to admit this type of technology sweeps way past me. My son in Seattle has Hulu & Netflix. I was able to watch a lot of programs I've never seen here. I would consider cutting cable if Hulu came to Canada & it was similar to Hulu in the US. My cable bill is becoming too expensive. You'd think cable providers would be worried but it appears they aren't. We certainly have no competition between Telus, Rodgers & Shaw. 

I cut the cord years ago. I use the TSN app and Kodi to get what I want to watch. No cable bill, but I need a VPN (3.75/month), Real-Debrid (For quick downloading of TV and Movies $60/Year), and TSN App ($99 each 6 Months). I also have Shaw internet 300 cuz I got it at a great price, but it worked fine on 75 when that's what I had. You also need an Android box which is about $100 one time purchase for a decent one with full 4K output from amazon.ca. If you want to go full legal, you could buy Netflix (US too if you have a VPN), Roku to pick up a bunch of channels and an antenna to pick up local stations ($20 one time, 5 stations in full HD in Calgary).

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

200.gif

A STATEMENT FROM THE CFL REGARDING THE XFL

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) released the following statement on Wednesday:

“Our talks with the XFL, exploring the potential for collaboration and innovation, have been positive and constructive.

While we remain open to finding new ways to work together in the future, we and our XFL counterparts have jointly decided to not pursue any formal arrangements at this time.

We at the CFL are now squarely focused on preparing for August 5th and the start of our  2021 regular season, which will culminate December 12 with the playing of the 108th Grey Cup in Hamilton, Ontario.

We are looking forward to this year and  a bright future for our league.”

Bob Irving will be happy. Naylor, Lalji, and the Argo owners maybe not so much. 

Saw one tweet wondering if the passing of the single game betting bill allowed the CFL to walk away from this, knowing they had a new revenue stream coming in? Maybe that was Ambrosie’s plan all along - float a trial balloon to gauge the current level of support for the traditional CFL and put some heat on the Feds to pass the bill.

Maybe Ambrosie goes down as the commish who saved the CFL. Genius!

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Bob Irving will be happy. Naylor, Lalji, and the Argo owners maybe not so much. 

Saw one tweet wondering if the passing of the single game betting bill allowed the CFL to walk away from this, knowing they had a new revenue stream coming in? Maybe that was Ambrosie’s plan all along - float a trial balloon to gauge the current level of support for the traditional CFL and put some heat on the Feds to pass the bill.

Maybe Ambrosie goes down as the commish who saved the CFL. Genius!

You could be right! Can't fault Ambrosie and CFL owners for considering all options for growing revenue. That's the thing that drove me nuts with the anti XFL'ers. I'm not pro XFL merger, but the "let's just keep the CFL the way it is" crowd were delusional. Owning a CFL team was, and still is, a money pit. Maybe single game betting is the answer. 

Just now, GCn20 said:

I`m not necessarily disagreeing with Arash, but he has been ultra-douchey lately. I`m not sure who he thinks he is.

Lately? You haven't been paying attention... He's always ultra-douchey!!

But it is telling that they wasted all this time and energy and we really haven't seen any changes. They'll benefit from single-game betting but that was coming anyhow. 

Just now, JCon said:

Lately? You haven't been paying attention... He's always ultra-douchey!!

But it is telling that they wasted all this time and energy and we really haven't seen any changes. They'll benefit from single-game betting but that was coming anyhow. 

IMHO, I don`t think the CFL was ever serious about anything with the XFL. I think the XFL wanted to bolster it`s legitimacy as a viable league by tying itself to the oldest pro football league in NA, and I think we wanted headlines in mainstream media in both the US and Canada at a time there was really nothing to talk about. I think that this was a ploy by the CFL to get headlines, and put some pressure on Canadian governments to help save the `Canadian in Canadian Football League. Worked on all accounts so far....

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Looks like there was some descension amongst the ranks

*dissension 

I would definitely think it was only Toronto and (possibly) Montreal that really wanted the XFL thing to happen. And absolutely **** those guys and the horse they rose in on....

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

*dissension 

I would definitely think it was only Toronto and (possibly) Montreal that really wanted the XFL thing to happen. And absolutely **** those guys and the horse they rose in on....

Yep, greedy fucks looking for a quick buck rather than caring about the league. 

I refuse to believe you can't sell the cfl in the biggest cities in Canada. Put the work in and entice fans. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Farhan too!

Both those guys can piss off. 

I think some Crow should be on the plate for these troll media types who were certain it was a merger with the cfl losing this or that. 

Maybe the best part of the year is that xfl3.0 the great nothing burger is over and football is about to begin. 

Has the xfl 3.0 folded yet?

4 hours ago, JCon said:

200.gif

A STATEMENT FROM THE CFL REGARDING THE XFL

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) released the following statement on Wednesday:

“Our talks with the XFL, exploring the potential for collaboration and innovation, have been positive and constructive.

While we remain open to finding new ways to work together in the future, we and our XFL counterparts have jointly decided to not pursue any formal arrangements at this time.

We at the CFL are now squarely focused on preparing for August 5th and the start of our  2021 regular season, which will culminate December 12 with the playing of the 108th Grey Cup in Hamilton, Ontario.

We are looking forward to this year and  a bright future for our league.”

I can’t remotely dance like that toddler.  Filling our depends is the only thing we have in common.

on topic:  thank Christ the talk of XFL merger and potential rule changes is done.  Want nothing to do with that failed league.