Game 20 : Montreal

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Uh, did you not see the goal he let in, even I could have stopped that one. Hellebuyck is allowing easy goals way to often, the Jets are lucky for the most part they have been able to come back. It is so disheartening for the players when they work so hard to get a goal and then Hellebuyck turns around and has a brain fart and lets a weak goal in. In the playoffs, you can't be giving other teams weak goals and Hellebuyck usually does every few games, this is why the Jets will not win the cup with Hellebuyck. I say trade him this off season while he still has reputation around the NHL and get something good for him in return, wait to long, and you will get nothing for him.

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Uh, did you not see the goal he let in, even I could have stopped that one. Hellebuyck is allowing easy goals way to often, the Jets are lucky for the most part they have been able to come back. It is so disheartening for the players when they work so hard to get a goal and then Hellebuyck turns around and has a brain fart and lets a weak goal in. In the playoffs, you can't be giving other teams weak goals and Hellebuyck usually does every few games, this is why the Jets will not win the cup with Hellebuyck. I say trade him this off season while he still has reputation around the NHL and get something good for him in return, wait to long, and you will get nothing for him.

Every NHL goalie lets in bad goals because of the style of play now. On their knees in the butterfly constantly trying to block shots & take away the ice low by the posts. They're caught out of position a lot or are beaten high on what seem weak shots from far out. Forwards busy charging the net trying to distract them or block their vision. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Every NHL goalie lets in bad goals because of the style of play now. On their knees in the butterfly constantly trying to block shots & take away the ice low by the posts. They're caught out of position a lot or are beaten high on what seem weak shots from far out. Forwards busy charging the net trying to distract them or block their vision. 

Exactly this.  They are playing the percentages. Most players can't consistently elevate the puck, so there is more focus on covering the lower part of the net. For the most part, it works. 

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Uh, did you not see the goal he let in, even I could have stopped that one. Hellebuyck is allowing easy goals way to often, the Jets are lucky for the most part they have been able to come back. It is so disheartening for the players

a) I would bet big money you couldn’t stop that one or pretty much any shot. 
b) Here’s a look at those disheartened players

There is no c) because the rest of that post was nonsense. “Let’s trade the 27 year old Vezina winner”. 

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Lets focus on the one bad goal  and then completely ignore the amazing save on Gallagher and the 38 other saves he made. 

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

This is the single worst take on the Jets anyone has ever said. 

That's actually impressively bad. 

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

This is such a garbage take. Hellebuyck has a .917 SV% in 27 playoff games.

Again: what a garbage take.

Just watch how far the Jets go in the playoffs because of these bad goals Hellebuyck keeps letting in, remember the one he let in from the other teams blue line? He constantly lets in questionable goals and I no confidence in him. He won the vezina trophy yes, but he isn't the best goalie in the league. We will not win the cup with him in net. I believe the Jets should trade him this summer, while people still think he may be worth something. To me he is simply Hellesuyck. 

Edited by Horseman

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Just watch how far the Jets go in the playoffs because of these bad goals Hellebuyck keeps letting in, remember the one he let in from the other teams blue line? He constantly lets in questionable goals and I no confidence in him. He won the vezina trophy yes, but he isn't the best goalie in the league. We will not win the cup with him in net. I believe the Jets should trade him this summer, while people still think he may be worth something. To me he is simply Hellesuyck. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/t5cMzHpg9guN1JG37

10 hours ago, Horseman said:

You're a moron.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To change the subject from the guy trolling....  anyone think we miss Ben Chiarot?  

He's an upgrade on Beaulieu for sure.

But 3.5 is way too high for him. 3.5 for chiatot is death by 1000 papercuts that kills a team's cap. It just can't be done.

I'm fine with it, but for the love of God, put Heinola in over Beau

Edited by Dr Zaius

13 hours ago, Horseman said:

If someone yells at OB does it make a sound? We'll never know because you are the only one there. Now you have come here because, I am guessing, you tired of responding to your own posts? Good start...trolling should get a couple of reactions before everyone just tunes you out and stops responding altogether....just like OB.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Horseman, huh? So, one of the 5 active posters left on that stupid site is bothering to troll here? What's the matter too busy there for ya?? Lol.  

He was tired of having the same conversation with himself over and over again. 

23 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

He's an upgrade on Beaulieu for sure.

But 3.5 is way too high for him. 3.5 for chiatot is death by 1000 papercuts that kills a team's cap. It just can't be done.

I'm fine with it, but for the love of God, put Heinola in over Beau

Problem is we need size on the back end, IMO. Heinola does not fill that need. If Poolman and Stanley can get healthy, that could help. As good a puck handler Heinola could be, we don’t need a team full of Toby Enstroms.  

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Problem is we need size on the back end, IMO. Heinola does not fill that need. If Poolman and Stanley can get healthy, that could help. As good a puck handler Heinola could be, we don’t need a team full of Toby Enstroms.  

Not so sure. 

We need an upgrade skill-wise back there for sure. Chiarot's glass+out routine doesn't fix any of our problems. We need puck movers way more than anything else. But like you say, hopefully Stanley can overtake that and actually keep improving. That solves the problem internally which is always the best solution. Provides both. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Not so sure. 

We need an upgrade skill-wise back there for sure. Chiarot's glass+out routine doesn't fix any of our problems. We need puck movers way more than anything else. But like you say, hopefully Stanley can overtake that and actually keep improving. That solves the problem internally which is always the best solution. Provides both. 

All fair points, but defence is more than just puck movement out of the zone (although I will concede that this has been a glaring issues at points in many games).  Need a big body to clear out the net front, scrum in the corners, and be physical to provide the smaller partner time and space to move the puck. Trouba-Morrissey, Byfuglien-Enstrom worked that way with a bigger guy-smaller guy pairing. Our best pair now is Forbert (who is the next biggest guy after Stanley)-Pionk (who is the smallest height-wise and second lightest behind Niku), so not sure Heinola at 5’10” and 178 would be a good match with Morrissey. Our defence needs help overall no doubt, but I don’t see Heinola as the cure-all just quite yet. I prefer to preach team d and get those forwards involved in helping out rather than letting them assume that the back end will handle it all themselves. Some of the best team defence in the past few years happened when our d-corps was ravaged with injury and everyone thought we would collapse. Forced the rest of the team, especially the forwards, to step up and play responsible defence, which frankly is how it should be all the time. But good topic and nice to be able to worry about this problem while we are still winning. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Not so sure. 

Off topic a bit but still with our D units, Kevin Bieksa poured shade all over Niku for not responding to being cross checked to the head by a Montreal forward. He’s got a point plus no response from any other Jet. Niku was being lined up all night for the big hit. This is where we miss the presence of A guy like Buff. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Horseman, huh? So, one of the 5 active posters left on that stupid site is bothering to troll here? What's the matter too busy there for ya?? Lol.  

What site is that? Not trolling, simply giving my opinion on Hellesuyck, he's not going to backstop the Jets to a cup, to inconsistent in letting god awful weak goals at the wrong times. The first Mtl game he allowed 2 goals on 6 shots, yeah he's really good said all the sheep. The players get disheartened when he lets the bad goals in after they have worked their butts off to score, of course if they come back and win all is forgotten and forgiven and all is good, but these bad goals cannot continue and then expect to win in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Horseman said:

What site is that? Not trolling, simply giving my opinion on Hellesuyck, he's not going to backstop the Jets to a cup, to inconsistent in letting god awful weak goals at the wrong times. The first Mtl game he allowed 2 goals on 6 shots, yeah he's really good said all the sheep. The players get disheartened when he lets the bad goals in after they have worked their butts off to score, of course if they come back and win all is forgotten and forgiven and all is good, but these bad goals cannot continue and then expect to win in the playoffs.

I'm going to ask Georges for his take. 

Goerges: cut.jpg