Random Hockey News - non NHL/AHL

He's coming here for sure. Jets spoke to him first. If he told them no they would be announcing a coach today or tomorrow actually... if Jets don't announce a head coach tomorrow it's gonna be trotz 100 percent assuming they don't announce trotz tomorrow  

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

If you read the article that house was purchased June 9th. 

5 days ago, Philly name toterella coach suggests to me that trotz told them no cuz they were the only team linked to torts. He also told Vegas  no. Hence the Cassidy signing.

He's either coming here or taking a year off but I wouldn't read in to millionaires buying homes anywhere 2 much. Wheeler has a home here and in Florida. It's not really uncommon 

besides didn't Trotz already Coach the Preds at one point? I know it's common (Carlyle's worked for the Ducks organization at least two different times) 

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He was the first HC in franchise history and held that position for 15 seasons (1998-2014), which is a NHL record IIRC. His ties to Nashville seem to remain strong to this day.

there was a lot of talk on Twitter that he was going to go back there to finish up his career... guess we'll see....

13 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He was the first HC in franchise history and held that position for 15 seasons (1998-2014), which is a NHL record IIRC. His ties to Nashville seem to remain strong to this day.

man and we only had P.Mo for 7 years

On 2022-05-29 at 2:34 AM, Goalie said:

Fun fact. Blake and Sam Wheeler were at My daughters dance recital today. I guess their daughter goes to the same dance school as mine. Really tall guy in real life. Pretty nice guy too really. 

Now that I've met him in real life and he gave my daughter a fist bump, I take back everything I've ever said about him. 

Become his friend and get him to back check. Lol

7 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Become his friend and get him to back check. Lol

He's been to 2 recitals now. Last time we were all masked up so didn't notice.  I honestly just leave him be but since our kids were playing together behind the scenes, bumped in to him and Sam and the fam. He's a nice guy and tries hard but is 35 36 so... he shouldn't be getting top line minutes but I thought he tried most games, he just isn't 21 anymore 

Maurice lived by the sword and died by it, Blake isn't 29- 32 anymore (his legit prime years) 

Bump him to line 3 and there you go... he'd be more effective with less 5 on 5 minutes. 

Connor Dubois 

Perfetti Scheif Ehlers 

Barron Stastny Wheeler 

Gus Lowry Appleton 

Find 1 rw to play in the top 6 (we ain't got him tho right now) and this team improves dramatically 

Honestly I think we will see firing Huddy improves the team more dramatically 

Edited by Goalie

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

He's been to 2 recitals now. Last time we were all masked up so didn't notice.  I honestly just leave him be but since our kids were playing together behind the scenes, bumped in to him and Sam and the fam. He's a nice guy and tries hard but is 35 36 so... he shouldn't be getting top line minutes but I thought he tried most games, he just isn't 21 anymore 

Maurice lived by the sword and died by it, Blake isn't 29- 32 anymore (his legit prime years) 

Bump him to line 3 and there you go... he'd be more effective with less 5 on 5 minutes. 

Connor Dubois 

Perfetti Scheif Ehlers 

Barron Stastny Wheeler 

Gus Lowry Appleton 

Find 1 rw to play in the top 6 (we ain't got him tho right now) and this team improves dramatically 

Honestly I think we will see firing Huddy improves the team more dramatically 

Who is "Gus" again?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hockey-canada-federal-funding-1.6493025

Hockey Canada, one of the country's richest sporting organizations, received $14 million in federal government support in 2020 and 2021, including $3.4 million in emergency COVID-19 subsidies, according to financial statements obtained by CBC News.

The COVID-19 funds helped hockey's not-for-profit national governing body book a $13.2-million budget surplus for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021 — further padding a collection of stocks, bonds, cash and other assets then worth in excess of $153 million. The organization reported a $3.2-million loss in 2020, due to declining market values for its investments, versus an $18.1-million surplus in 2019.

Hockey Canada's finances will be front and centre on Monday, when three current and former executives — including Tom Renney, the organization's outgoing chief operating officer, who is set to retire on July 1 — are scheduled to testify on Parliament Hill before the standing committee on Canadian heritage.

Politicians from all parties are seeking to establish whether public funds were used to settle a $3.55-million lawsuit brought by a woman who alleges she was sexually assaulted by eight former Canadian Hockey League players following a Hockey Canada Foundation event in London, Ont., in June 2018.

Shits been going on for years but got bigger fish to fry. I'm ok with 3.5 million when you look in to other stuff much more important than sports. 3.5 is pretty small on the pie chart of how much pointless  **** does our tax money go too.