Random Hockey News - non NHL/AHL

Fun fact. Blake and Sam Wheeler were at My daughters dance recital today. I guess their daughter goes to the same dance school as mine. Really tall guy in real life. Pretty nice guy too really. 

Now that I've met him in real life and he gave my daughter a fist bump, I take back everything I've ever said about him. 

Edited by Goalie

42 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And in the tournament no one pays attention to until Canada gets to the final, it’s Canada vs Finland tomorrow at the World Championships. Dubois and Lowry playing very well for the Canucks. 

Makes you wonder if Claude Julien might be a coaching candidate 

• 3 weeks later...

For those who remember John Paddock, former head coach of Jets 1.0 and now head coach and GM of the Regina Pats, an interesting read on his battle with Covid while getting treatment for lymphoma.  

https://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/regina-pats/rob-vanstone-pats-john-paddock-has-new-perspective-after-covid-battle?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1655127008 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

For those who remember John Paddock, former head coach of Jets 1.0 and now head coach and GM of the Regina Pats, an interesting read on his battle with Covid while getting treatment for lymphoma.  

https://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/regina-pats/rob-vanstone-pats-john-paddock-has-new-perspective-after-covid-battle?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1655127008 

I see John almost every summer up at Riding Mountain National Park. 

I didn't hear that he had lymphoma. Our family has been dealing with lymphoma and have spent the last six months doing everything we can to avoid Covid. 

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

man the title Winnipeg Jets Head Coach and the name Barry Trotz are starting to sound like a Dairy Queen ice cream blizzard with the best mix-ins

Sounds like sub par ice cream that melts instantly?  That doesn't sound promising lol!  

Maurice chose to live here year round or close to it, the Trotz's has made the States their home for many many years and he will eventually retire there, I don't think any current Jets live here year round. He can rent a very nice condo for the months he is here if he does indeed choose the Jets.

Edited by bustamente

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Sounds like that's it.... 

Lol he lives there in the off season as does his grown kids. 

Means nothing. 

Besides Nashville wasn't even a team he spoke with 

We gonna get Trotz I think. 

The teams he rumored to have spoken with are all naming coaches today. 

Vegas. Philly. 

Now just down to basically Detroit and Winnipeg and he ain't getting a management job in 2 years in Detroit 

If you believe the online rumors he's also building a house here 

Edited by Goalie

If you read the article that house was purchased June 9th. 

5 days ago, Philly name toterella coach suggests to me that trotz told them no cuz they were the only team linked to torts. He also told Vegas  no. Hence the Cassidy signing.

He's either coming here or taking a year off but I wouldn't read in to millionaires buying homes anywhere 2 much. Wheeler has a home here and in Florida. It's not really uncommon