Random Hockey News - non NHL/AHL

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-player-agent-says-russian-clients-facing-disturbing-levels-of-harassment-1.6369357

An NHL player agent who represents more than 75 per cent of the league's Russian and Belarusian players said his clients are facing 'disturbing levels' of harassment over their home country's invasion of Ukraine.

Dan Milstein, himself Ukrainian by birth, made the comments during an interview with ESPN on Tuesday.

"The discrimination and racism these Russian and Belarusian players are facing right now is remarkable," Milstein told the network. "My own childhood home is being bombed as I speak to my friends back home... but people are picking on the wrong crowd. I can speak on behalf of my clients: They want world peace like everybody else. They're not being treated like that."

Milstein said he is 'very grateful' that the league has followed up on ensuring the safety of Russian and Belarusian players through arrangements of extra security.

Milstein represents clients such as Nikita Zadorov, Nikita Kucherov, Andrei Vasilevskiy and Ilya Sorokin.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Those kids could always defect like the players in the late 80’s did if they really want an NHL future right now. They are draft eligible until age 20, no?

Draft to the CHL. 

Couldn't care less about them. It's a game and they don't have the "right" to play it here. Go back and complain to your govt. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Savoie at 14? Doubt that 

I wonder if could get the 2nd pick and Mercer from NJ for Scheifele 

Why is it that the people most desperate to trade a player they label arrogant, selfish, malcontent, defensively useless, locker room cancer, team killer, etc. also  create these trade scenarios where we could get a king’s ransom because the guy is such a star?

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Why is it that the people most desperate to trade a player they label arrogant, selfish, malcontent, defensively useless, locker room cancer, team killer, etc. also  create these trade scenarios where we could get a king’s ransom because the guy is such a star?

Evander Kane still has a job in the NHL. Some teams don't care and still pay over-the-top for talent. 

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Because he's a ppg guy making 6.15 million for 2 more years? 

Just cuz he's checked out here doesn't mean he's a bad hockey player.  Teams like ppg players even if they suck at D 

Also Dreger who is Chevys mouthpiece at times mentioned he'd likely get an eichel like return. So 1st plus Krebs plus Tuch 

His contract is cheap. He's just worn out his welcome here it seems 

Edited by Goalie

Legitimately, I think the Jets would have to throw in their 1st rounder as well to make the rest of that deal happen, if not another lower draft pick as well. Scheifele may be on a team friendly deal, but only for 2 years. With Mercer and a draft pick, Jets would have team control for at least 6 years on both. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Legitimately, I think the Jets would have to throw in their 1st rounder as well to make the rest of that deal happen. 

No chance. This is a legit elite centre. Until this past year, he was favoured to take one of the 4 centre positions with Team Canada. It's only been since his hit last year in the playoffs that he's not been the same.