Random Hockey News - non NHL/AHL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So both Button and LeBrun roasted Schiefele for his comments on the suspension.  Button was "profoundly disappointed" .   As much as I like Button, I believe they both are wrong about Schiefele.  Ondrej Palat delivered a deliberate elbow to Brett Pesce the other night  and all he got was 2 minute minor.   That is way more dangerous and a deliberate attempt to injure.  Yet "Player Safety" did nothing and LeBrun and Button say nothing about it. If you watch the TSN clip of Button, you can tell he's reading from a script of some sort too.. makes me wonder if he was told to tow the NHL line.  

Scheifele has every right to be pissed off over the lack of consistency from Parros.   I say good on him for calling it out.

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

So both Button and LeBrun roasted Schiefele for his comments on the suspension.  Button was "profoundly disappointed" .   As much as I like Button, I believe they both are wrong about Schiefele.  Ondrej Palat delivered a deliberate elbow to Brett Pesce the other night  and all he got was 2 minute minor.   That is way more dangerous and a deliberate attempt to injure.  Yet "Player Safety" did nothing and LeBrun and Button say nothing about it. If you watch the TSN clip of Button, you can tell he's reading from a script of some sort too.. makes me wonder if he was told to tow the NHL line.  

Scheifele has every right to be pissed off over the lack of consistency from Parros.   I say good on him for calling it out.

I just like the way MS defended Winnipeg. That's what I want to hear from a player wearing our colours. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mark F said:

espn hired Mark Messier as hockey panelist.

espn is going to substantially raise interest  in hockey in the US I think.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31702318/mark-messier-joins-espn-studio-analyst-nhl-coverage

Messier....Gretzky...name recognition and not much else. 

• 2 months later...
Just now, Goalie said:

I know of ppl who played at that time also.  Few years older but wow.. my dentists son played for him. 

Yeah, if these survivors were early teens in 1993-95, then I wouldn't know them directly but probably their siblings. But, if there are two survivors, there are more. 

Not sure if mentioned but Nik Ehlers had 6 points in a 6 goal performance by Denmark to qualify for the Olympics. No he didn't score all 6 but still.. 6 points.

Another Jet off to the Olympics along with Scheif for Canada, helle and likely Connor for the US. Maybe Wheeler also 

Edited by Goalie