TSN1290 - Shutting Down

JCon

So, what does CJOB do now? They have the Jets and the Bombers, with the coaches show. How do they balance providing sports news without taking away from their regular news and talk shows? They don't want to alienate anyone but some will be looking for more sports content. Tough balancing act. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, what does CJOB do now? They have the Jets and the Bombers, with the coaches show. How do they balance providing sports news without taking away from their regular news and talk shows? They don't want to alienate anyone but some will be looking for more sports content. Tough balancing act. 

They've been doing it for years, so I don't suspect a lot will change. Keep in mind, this isn't the first time they've had the rights to all teams. They've got good, smart people in that building...hopefully Corus is smart and keeps them all happy. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

They will add more commercials now that they have a captive audience.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They've been doing it for years, so I don't suspect a lot will change. Keep in mind, this isn't the first time they've had the rights to all teams. They've got good, smart people in that building...hopefully Corus is smart and keeps them all happy. 

As the only radio station carrying the Jets & Bombers they'll take it on & increase their sports content. I look for their sports department to grow by at least 2 people. More sportstalk in the evening, perhaps?

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Oh my that will draw them in

That's....new at least to me it is, what will they broadcast? JFL's archives? Vinyl Cafe reruns? Air Farce radio archives? something totally and completely new (let's face it the content I named aren't possible because CBC has a tight hold on them)

Edited by iHeart

so the Comedy thing....they've been doing this for awhile now. Did it in Calgary about 10 years ago....and other markets as well. It's extremely cheap for them because there's no announcers, basically. It's all pre-programmed stuff that is CHEEEEEEEEAP. It's a major $$$ saver for them. 

Just now, Noeller said:

so the Comedy thing....they've been doing this for awhile now. Did it in Calgary about 10 years ago....and other markets as well. It's extremely cheap for them because there's no announcers, basically. It's all pre-programmed stuff that is CHEEEEEEEEAP. It's a major $$$ saver for them. 

TSN1290 was comedy, I'm sure, before they switched up to sports, bringing in the ESPN coverage.