2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

K Hajrallahu was proven & was absolutely abysmal his last year with the Bombers. His last game against Edmonton was beyond words... bad. He could kick FG's from 50 yards sideways in the stands or from the roof of IGF with the dumb trick videos he made but he missed converts & easy  FG's.

I remember K Sandro DeAngelis here in Calgary. He broke into the league like a house on fire. Then after a few years, the little kicker got a swelled head & dreams of the NFL danced in his imagination. He became a prick in the Stamps locker & his former best friend on the team P Burke Dales kicked the **** out of him one day before HC John Hufnagel got rid of him. He then bounced around the league in Hamilton, Saskatchewan & Winnipeg. Proven really means nothing. Moral of the story: You have one job. Don't let things go to your head. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

K Hajrallahu was proven & was absolutely abysmal his last year with the Bombers. His last game against Edmonton was beyond words... bad. He could kick FG's from 50 yards sideways in the stands or from the roof of IGF with the dumb trick videos he made but he missed converts & easy  FG's.

I remember K Sandro DeAngelis here in Calgary. He broke into the league like a house on fire. Then after a few years, the little kicker got a swelled head & dreams of the NFL danced in his imagination. He became a prick in the Stamps locker & his former best friend on the team P Burke Dales kicked the **** out of him one day before HC John Hufnagel got rid of him. He then bounced around the league in Hamilton, Saskatchewan & Winnipeg. Proven really means nothing. Moral of the story: You have one job. Don't let things go to your head. 

The Dutch have a saying: "Don't crap where you might have to sleep"

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

K Hajrallahu was proven & was absolutely abysmal his last year with the Bombers. His last game against Edmonton was beyond words... bad. He could kick FG's from 50 yards sideways in the stands or from the roof of IGF with the dumb trick videos he made but he missed converts & easy  FG's

Since then he had a solid bounce back year with Hamilton doing both punting and kicking duties and going 100% in the playoffs. Is that not going out and doing your job(s)? Whats a guy gotta do?

Not to knit pick but do you think the bombers asked him to make those videos? Marketing and all that?

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The chance of a collapse like that is a lot higher if a guy has never seen a pro football athlete rush his kicks, or had to make game winning kicks in the pros. Expecting a rookie with no pro experience to come in and just do his job every snap in an 18 game regular season isnt realistic.  Way too many variables and unknowns at play with a rookie to expect that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-25 at 5:55 AM, MOBomberFan said:

Since then he had a solid bounce back year with Hamilton doing both punting and kicking duties and going 100% in the playoffs. Is that not going out and doing your job(s)? Whats a guy gotta do?

Not to knit pick but do you think the bombers asked him to make those videos? Marketing and all that?

I don't know if the Bombers did or not. I'd think it was the idea of someone outside the club. Anyway, it coincided with his last game as a Bomber & after that performance watching that video was cringe worthy. As Bill Belichek says, "Just do your job". having said that, I'd have no problems if he re-signed here as Hajrillahu is older, wiser, more mature & experienced but I doubt that'll happen. 

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Old man yells at clouds and holds grudge despite a player bouncing back from a poor year.

The problem I had with Liram after that particular game was that he never faced the media. He hid out & then was allowed to leave without answering questions. He was a young player back then. Like I said, I think he'd handle things differently now & face the music. maturity means a lot. If qbs can answer questions about a bad game or throw, then so should other players. Or running backs who fumbled a game away. I think he knows that now.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The problem I had with Liram after that particular game was that he never faced the media. He hid out & then was allowed to leave without answering questions. He was a young player back then. Like I said, I think he'd handle things differently now & face the music. maturity means a lot. If qbs can answer questions about a bad game or throw, then so should other players. Or running backs who fumbled a game away. I think he knows that now.

Everyone screws up now and then. When we are younger, we can delude ourselves into thinking we don't but as we age, the evidence gets pretty hard to ignore.

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Everyone screws up now and then. When we are younger, we can delude ourselves into thinking we don't but as we age, the evidence gets pretty hard to ignore.

Yes, thinking back what a dumbass I was even into my 30's. I really didn't change until I got married & started a family. Amazing how that beautiful bundle of joy can change your perspective. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes, thinking back what a dumbass I was even into my 30's. I really didn't change until I got married & started a family. Amazing how that beautiful bundle of joy can change your perspective. 

When I was 30ish, I could look back and see what an idiot I had been. When I was in my 50's, I became aware that I had been stupid in my 30's in so many ways. This means, by implication, I am probably a pompous ass now. My late wife and I used to say that we got married, had kids and then grew up while we were doing all that.

L'Chaim.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry about your wife, Tracker. That is very sad.

Thank you for the condolences, but it was long ago. I am not the same as I was, and perhaps that was why she passed out of my life. All wisdom comes at a price and I am grateful for all she was and brought into my life. She came here to do and learn  certain things and when they were done, she moved on.

• 6 months later...
On 2021-02-04 at 2:19 PM, GCn20 said:

Easily one of the most over rated players in the league.

That's assuming that Brendan "I only have half a knee left" Labatte has not aged out. If he has omg it will be a disaster for the RIders this year.

Labatte bailed on his team because he didn't like the restrictions. The dullards from Podunk Hollow don't have the brains to realize he deserted them.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

On 2021-10-16 at 9:41 PM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Labatte bailed on his team because he didn't like the restrictions. The dullards from Podunk Hollow don't have the brains to realize he deserted them.

Labatte bailed on them for sure, and I'm not sure he would have been any better had he showed up. I think old Brendan saw the writing on the wall. Apparently he was in awful shape just prior to opting out. Some Rider fans were reporting that he looked to be about 400 lbs.

52 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Labatte bailed on them for sure, and I'm not sure he would have been any better had he showed up. I think old Brendan saw the writing on the wall. Apparently he was in awful shape just prior to opting out. Some Rider fans were reporting that he looked to be about 400 lbs.

He didn’t have the class to retire. Instead he blamed the covid regulations and cutbacks that didn’t make it worth his while to return.
Don’t let the buffet door hit you in the ass on your way out Brendan.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

32 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

He didn’t have the class to retire. Instead he blamed the covid regulations and cutbacks that didn’t make it worth his while to return.
Don’t let the buffet door hit you in the ass on your way out Brendan.

Loyalty and class were never his strong suit. Glad that Rider fans got their come uppance with him after bragging relentlessly about how he chose them over the Bombers. Now they can see Labatte cares about Labatte and that is all he cares about.