2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

New owners putting their own money into it. I have no issues with the Als spending. 

the league is far better off both not having to still pay for the als, and having the als be competitive. 

Walters always says we dont have a lot of money available. But he was very close on getting burnham. And im sure it wasnt going to be burnham at the expense of the guys we re signed since him. 

I expect walters to make a few crafty good moves again this FA period as he always does. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

the league is far better off both not having to still pay for the als, and having the als be competitive. 

Walters always says we dont have a lot of money available. But he was very close on getting burnham. And im sure it wasnt going to be burnham at the expense of the guys we re signed since him. 

I expect walters to make a few crafty good moves again this FA period as he always does. 

I agree. I feel like we're Calgary this year. Adding pieces on a discount, the day after FA starts. 

I'm a bit surprised Calgary hasn't filled some holes today. They did lose quite a few names. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I agree. I feel like we're Calgary this year. Adding pieces on a discount, the day after FA starts. 

I'm a bit surprised Calgary hasn't filled some holes today. They did lose quite a few names. 

Huffer says he's not going to be a player in fa.......just like Walters...LOL....I'm sure they'll be playing at something

Just now, Noeller said:

Stamps apparently really wanted Evan Johnson for their OL, which has lost a couple important pieces. Now scrambling to find another potential starter...

If I was him id try and swing a deal for one of our young ol. Gray, couture, eli, and desjarlais. We are extremely deep at NI ol, and a guy like gray isnt cheap. With the 3 vets, and one back up that leaves 1 odd man out. Bombers wont wanna lose one of these guys for nothing, and a draft pick could be used to store value off the salary cap by drafting an NFL camp/signee. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If I was him id try and swing a deal for one of our young ol. Gray, couture, eli, and desjarlais. We are extremely deep at NI ol, and a guy like gray isnt cheap. With the 3 vets, and one back up that leaves 1 odd man out. Bombers wont wanna lose one of these guys for nothing, and a draft pick could be used to store value off the salary cap by drafting an NFL camp/signee. 

No!!! I still have nightmares as a fan remembering the dark days of 2013 & 14 into 2015 when our OL was nothing but garbage. I don't want us to trade any of them. If anything, sign some more. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Draft pics (crap shoot) for a proven commodity......NOT a good deal....Besides we have solid ranking in the draft to pic one on our own

Just now, Stickem said:

Draft pics (crap shoot) for a proven commodity......NOT a good deal....Besides we have solid ranking in the draft to pic one on our own

Eli gray and desjarlais arent proven commodities. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Keep our OL as depth is important and why help a rival?

Weve been trying to hide a 7th ol for years and it just only works for soo long. You cant expect one of those guys to hide on the IR forever  when theyd have a chance to start else where. Especially with some one like gray who has NFL aspirations and talent. If we did (id like to keep all the young OL but its just a matter of time before we lose one or more if they dont start) we would gain future value, plus cap room now to pick up some one who would make an immediate impact this year. 

Like I said if I was huff I'd go around the league trying for pieces like that. And we are the capital of NI ol depth in the league. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Gray has been down south....I doubt he wants to make another trip , especially as he is concentrating on his education at U.....Proven depth at O in this league is gold....keep it

Why is he allergic to money? He took time trying to get another roster spot after his 2nd team down south. And his interview when he signed here it seemed pretty clear he wants to get back down south. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Thought he was done with football

didnt he retire to rap?  some one was hinting i think at 3dn that he might come out of retirement. May have been just speculation idk. Hes young with low wear and tear on his body. And a tremendous skill set, but I dont trust his drive to play at all. Wouldnt touch him with a 10' clown pole. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Nothing replaces his studies at university....He's happy here....end of

you know how many pro football players still study while playing and do so from a great distance?