2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Could be O'Day driving up the price but I doubt it...that D front 7 in Riderville is a complete tire fire right now. If they don't do something big in FA the Riders will finish last in the West. I'm calling it now.....

At first glance, I wanted to agree with you, but the situation in Vancouver is not good,

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

At first glance, I wanted to agree with you, but the situation in Vancouver is not good,

I expect Ryan RIgmaiden will unearth some talent for them....just enough to edge out Regina. I have zero faith in the Rider scouting bringing in much.

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

This seems like an agent talking.

Oh, your neighbours and closest rivals?  They're in for him and willing to spend big bucks! Truly.  

Well, I was thinking I missed something like Jones was rehired. Heard he was on Pedersen Show the other day and he mentioned, "I want to coach and will be coaching somewhere" and the word "Shenanigans" entered my mind, when I saw, Micah Johnson to Regina and I thought, yep,,, Jones has been hired, this was his first move to please "Rider Nation" and of course, I will do whatever, my way...

I'm having a hard time understanding, Micah Johnson back to Regina. If some of these clubs are working towards the floor of the salary cap, which I kind of thought O'Day was doing based on his media briefs, communications and hard stand on Hughes (but, with these guys, its lip service as well at times), I don't see it. I believe, O'Day is trying to run his team the same way that Huff (Calgary) and Walters here in Wpg.

Just an opinion and how I arrived at my conclusion. Fajardo has a lucrative contract for a guy with basely one year of playing time, there are 5 other qb's in their camp (2 which have been in the cfl, 1 for sure isn't ELC), experienced upper end priced secondary, elite receiving group (well compensated), some o-line guys that are long in the tooth, word is they are holding monies for Judge and others such as (o-lineman Johnson out of Ottawa, for starters) and MJ.   Probably in and around 500 k for that group of 3 - 4... So, I just ask,, how can they bring MJ back and be within the numbers of the cap, that is being talked about?  Oh yes, Creative Accounting....

My guess based on needs: 

Canadian LBers - we only have Briggs & Gauthier on the roster while 2020 draftee Rodgers is unsigned. Miles is testing FA. I can still see Miles coming back. But I'm curious if the Bombers will be interested on the Herdman-Reed twins. 

Canadian Receiver - we have Bockru on the roster while another 2020 draftee O'leary-Orange is unsigned. I can see us picking up at least one. Hope it's not Feoli-Gudino again. Devon Bailey is a big guy, Tevaun Smith had a good 2019, and Natei Adjei is very good on ST. 

Canadian DB - Maybe a return of Loffler? 

Just now, Dirty30 said:

I feel like the kid at Christmas who hears all his buddies got all the new video games and the other cool toys everyone has been talking about all year...and all I got this year was clothes ☹️
Forgetting that I got the puppy I’ve always wanted last year.  

And, that, you have all those toys anyhow. They're not shiny and new but that quality is above average. ;)

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Rod Pedersen LBs Dean and Herdman twins going to the Riders

Guess that means Judge isnt coming back. Thats good, makes them weaker. Judge is better then those guys.

Just now, JCon said:

Riders need help on the line. Johnson has been a lock for months. 

Yup. Probably overpaid to make sure they get him cause they be weak on the D-line