2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

25 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Seems like the most Lapo move ever. Way to not go out on a limb on a potential up and comer and put your chips on a guy who might get you to 9-9, 10-8 at best

I'm thinking it's more so LaPo afraid of moving out from his comfort zone.

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can hear the soundbyte now. "Matt's shown great poise in the huddle, has a wealth of experience in the CFL and can win football games"

Edited by Dr Zaius

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Arbuckle article earlier this week has quotes from him saying he thinks Ottawa really wanted Nichols and waited out his situation in Toronto... in turn stalling on their negotiations with Arbuckle.... He's pretty angry about it. 

I remember the stories before the 2019 season about how badly the negotiations went between Desjardins & a number of players. Especially Trevor Harris. I don't think Desjardins has a great reputation for trust with players. 

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember the stories before the 2019 season about how badly the negotiations went between Desjardins & a number of players. Especially Trevor Harris. I don't think Desjardins has a great reputation for trust with players. 

Heck - who needs a .500 QB anyway, may as well settle for 3 - 15. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Should the Bombers sign Canadian QB Micael O'Connor?

Im thinking about that too. I can see the Bombers doing it and can use him in ST while rostered as the 3rd QB just like what they did with Bennett before. He’s a big dude at 6’5” 230.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That decision cost Ottawa a playoff spot. They replaced Harris with the amazing trifecta of Jonathan Jennings, Dominique Davis & Will Arndt. It cost Rick Campbell his head coaching job. 

Accurate. With Harris they were at least competitive. 

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Having a GM that will fire you on a whim to save his ass. 

7 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Im thinking about that too. I can see the Bombers doing it and can use him in ST while rostered as the 3rd QB just like what they did with Bennett before. He’s a big dude at 6’5” 230.

He may actually be the next Russ Jackson after 50 years. Not saying he will be but he may be the best Canadian qb in decades.. Toronto doesn't seem to want him so I'd like to see him here. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

@JCon

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/3downnation.com/2020/01/07/teams-will-be-allowed-to-have-three-qbs-on-roster-in-2019-ambrosie/amp/

The new rule specifies a requirement of two quarterbacks, not a limit of two quarterbacks.”

Was this really necessary? Who tf goes into a CFL game with only one QB?

19 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Was this really necessary? Who tf goes into a CFL game with only one QB?

TBH, 2 qbs isnt enough. The minimum should be 3. I dont really wanna see darvin adams or other position players at QB. And with only 2 on active roster its only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

More than likely Walters using his Dunk connection to send a message to Stove to hurry up because we have other options.

Or his agent using dunk to try to push up his value around the league. 

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

More than likely Walters using his Dunk connection to send a message to Stove to hurry up because we have other options.

21 hours ago, Stickem said:

Yeah....speculation only to this point....Dunk was suggesting that he was on our radar....maybe just a blip now since we've re-upped Stove

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/08/riders-want-to-reunite-with-defensive-lineman-micah-johnson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=riders-want-to-reunite-with-defensive-lineman-micah-johnson

After declining to pay Charleston Hughes, general manager Jeremy O’Day has shifted his focus to signing Johnson. However, O’Day will have to best other suitors. For example, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers displayed an interest during the negotiation window in the defensive tackle.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

After declining to pay Charleston Hughes, general manager Jeremy O’Day has shifted his focus to signing Johnson. However, O’Day will have to best other suitors. For example, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers displayed an interest during the negotiation window in the defensive tackle.
https://3downnation.com/2021/02/08/riders-want-to-reunite-with-defensive-lineman-micah-johnson/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=riders-want-to-reunite-with-defensive-lineman-micah-johnson

This seems like an agent talking.

Oh, your neighbours and closest rivals?  They're in for him and willing to spend big bucks! Truly.  

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

This seems like an agent talking.

Oh, your neighbours and closest rivals?  They're in for him and willing to spend big bucks! Truly.  

It could be true that Walters did inquire on Johnson. He might have some interest too and and you know, to drive up the price as well. 

It could also the other way around (O'Day driving up the price), as well.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It could be true that Walters did inquire on Johnson. He might have some interest too and and you know, to drive up the price as well. 

It could also the other way around (O'Day driving up the price), as well.

Could be O'Day driving up the price but I doubt it...that D front 7 in Riderville is a complete tire fire right now. If they don't do something big in FA the Riders will finish last in the West. I'm calling it now.....

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Erdos retires for Calgary. Bergman retired earlier. That's 2 starting National OL to replace. Tough task.

Calgary and Saskatchewan are not having a great offseason thus far. Both teams need to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat in FA, scouting, and the draft.