2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

2 hours ago, Booch said:

that Sask defence is going to be wretched, even if they try to go big in free agency..theres nothing really there now that will really improve you after all those losses...and as mentioned..that O-Line....yikes...scary scary weak, and zero...absolutely zero depth..there's nothing there at all

But they brought Gainey back!

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Easily one of the most over rated players in the league.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

that Sask defence is going to be wretched, even if they try to go big in free agency..theres nothing really there now that will really improve you after all those losses...and as mentioned..that O-Line....yikes...scary scary weak, and zero...absolutely zero depth..there's nothing there at all

That's assuming that Brendan "I only have half a knee left" Labatte has not aged out. If he has omg it will be a disaster for the RIders this year.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

What's even scarier is that Jason Maas is their new OC and he is an OC that loves to use long developing plays and rarely goes into a quick fire offence. In 2019 the RIders made up for a bad OL by running a ton and short passes. That's not Maas's style at all.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

yup...They brought back him the one year wonder and half of his production came in 2 games....Useless Edem..Selfish and very overrated Marshall, and it was applauded all around over there..with no, or limited pressure up front those DB's are gonna get roasted.

55 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What's even scarier is that Jason Maas is their new OC and he is an OC that loves to use long developing plays and rarely goes into a quick fire offence. In 2019 the RIders made up for a bad OL by running a ton and short passes. That's not Maas's style at all.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Easily one of the most over rated players in the league.

That's assuming that Brendan "I only have half a knee left" Labatte has not aged out. If he has omg it will be a disaster for the RIders this year.

Yeah, thats gonna be an awful line...they had to bring back St John..who wasn't good enough to stick on that crap line before, or anywhere else for that matter, and Dan Clarke..sure he got picked as an all-star...head scratcher there, but he is not a top tier center. And yup...waiting for plays to develop and rely of the floaters Fajardo lays up up there, thats gonna be a recipe for disaster, and then watching his head implode on the sidelines, and alienate half his offence it will be quite the **** show for sure...can't wait

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Reporter to Dinwiddie: Are you planning to use what learned in Calgary to help develop your team? 

Dinwiddie: Nope, just plan to move the team here. 

Changing the name for the day or week or whatever is super lame. If Winnipeg ever called themselves the stampeders id lose my mind

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Argos loading up alright.....but players on the wrong side of their prime...talented guys, for sure.......but how much gas left in the tank? 

So I thought this was just a trend for the last 2 years, but this is telling.

Charleston Hughes sacks the last 7 seasons:

2019 - 16 total in 17 games (10 in first 7 games, 5 in next 5, 1 in final 5), 1 sack in 1 playoff game

2018 - 15 total in 17 games(13 in first 10 games, 2 in final 7 games), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

2017 - 11 total in 14 games played (6 in first 5 games, 5 in final 9), 1 sack in 2 playoff games

2016 - 16 total in 18 games (7 in first 8, 3 in next 6, 6 in final 4) , 0 sacks in 2 playoff games

2015 - 10 sacks total in 15 games (9 in first 9, 1 in final 6)

2014 - 8 total in 11 games (6 in first 6, 2 in last 5), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

2013 - 18 sacks total in 16 games (13 in first 10, 5 in last 6), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

Toronto may be wise to cut him before Labour Day when veterans’ salaries are then guaranteed for the remainder of the year. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

as with Calvillo, I just never thought this day would ever actually come..........

I respected Bowman for a long and productive career... but after hearing him repeatedly and classlessly unload on Andrew Harris as a cheater... got no time for the guy

Also wanna add that the image of Hardrick about to level Bowman is 🔥 

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Hardrick about to flatten Bowman

23 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So I thought this was just a trend for the last 2 years, but this is telling.

Charleston Hughes sacks the last 7 seasons:

2019 - 16 total in 17 games (10 in first 7 games, 5 in next 5, 1 in final 5), 1 sack in 1 playoff game

2018 - 15 total in 17 games(13 in first 10 games, 2 in final 7 games), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

2017 - 11 total in 14 games played (6 in first 5 games, 5 in final 9), 1 sack in 2 playoff games

2016 - 16 total in 18 games (7 in first 8, 3 in next 6, 6 in final 4) , 0 sacks in 2 playoff games

2015 - 10 sacks total in 15 games (9 in first 9, 1 in final 6)

2014 - 8 total in 11 games (6 in first 6, 2 in last 5), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

2013 - 18 sacks total in 16 games (13 in first 10, 5 in last 6), 0 sacks in 1 playoff game

Toronto may be wise to cut him before Labour Day when veterans’ salaries are then guaranteed for the remainder of the year. 

He reminds me a lot of elfrid payton (who i loved) but not in a good way. In more of a joe "first half" flemming way. The chris brazzell consistently inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He reminds me a lot of elfrid payton (who i loved) but not in a good way. In more of a joe "first half" flemming way. The chris brazzell consistently inconsistent. 

Bowman is old. Like it's way past the time to pack it in.

On 2021-02-04 at 2:25 PM, CodyT said:

Changing the name for the day or week or whatever is super lame. If Winnipeg ever called themselves the stampeders id lose my mind

You gotta wonder what Hufnagel thinks about all this. He knows all these guys are way past it as far as better days performing is concerned. 

19 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I respected Bowman for a long and productive career... but after hearing him repeatedly and classlessly unload on Andrew Harris as a cheater... got no time for the guy

Also wanna add that the image of Hardrick about to level Bowman is 🔥 

Especially AFTER the Als where caught doing all that shady **** on the salary cap for years.

Arbuckle article earlier this week has quotes from him saying he thinks Ottawa really wanted Nichols and waited out his situation in Toronto... in turn stalling on their negotiations with Arbuckle.... He's pretty angry about it. 

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Arbuckle article earlier this week has quotes from him saying he thinks Ottawa really wanted Nichols and waited out his situation in Toronto... in turn stalling on their negotiations with Arbuckle.... He's pretty angry about it. 

Seems like the most Lapo move ever. Way to not go out on a limb on a potential up and comer and put your chips on a guy who might get you to 9-9, 10-8 at best