2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

Hughes will never end up here...no need...especially at his age. Obviously wants out of that god forsaken place, has probably told his agent peddle my arse all over the league.

If they lose him, Judge, Soli, and already released Evans..that defence will be putrid...the fact they have re-signed all their starting DB's who were highly overated as it was last year is scary enough for a Sask fan....They gonna have to hope for Fajita to put op 30+points a game just to have a chance, and that won't be happening...you will see limited succeeds by him this year

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'd take Stove or Nevis over him every day and twice on Game Day....

We don't need another DE. We already have the 2 best in the business - Jefferson & Jeffcoat. Plus the second year of Hansen and Antigha. 
We need a DT though - Richardson, Nevis, Sewell or Johnson... please.

Toronto has got a little bit better but they still have a battle ahead of them.  They now have the 4th best QB in their division (hamilton has two of the top 3) and they have a head coach who is pretty green. They still have an uphill battle to make the playoffs.  I wouldn't sleep on Ottawa being better then them this season.  Lapo can run the same offence he had in Winnipeg.  Make very few mistakes and pound the rock. They will be difficult to beat if their defense holds up.

22 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Toronto has got a little bit better but they still have a battle ahead of them.  They now have the 4th best QB in their division (hamilton has two of the top 3) and they have a head coach who is pretty green. They still have an uphill battle to make the playoffs.  I wouldn't sleep on Ottawa being better then them this season.  Lapo can run the same offence he had in Winnipeg.  Make very few mistakes and pound the rock. They will be difficult to beat if their defense holds up.

Can Lapo really "run the same offence he had in Winnipeg" without Andrew Harris and without the OL that Kyle Walters built? 

8 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm not surprised that Awe was released.  He's the kind of guy you sign near the end of free agency when he didn't land a starting salary somewhere and can get him for cheap as a depth piece.  Right now Winnipeg has a chance to upgrade some starting positions and that has to be the priority right now. 

Shock in Awe.

Been watching your discussions and suggestions. Here's my look at it: going Cdn, rotating with our current group of DT's (Jake T. & Connor  G).  Fabian Foote (who was just released by Tor) and Stefan Charles (FA from Edmonton). We have the DE's , along with Global Hansen and a back up from signed list should be there i.e. (McCaliaster, Koloamatangi or other). 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can Lapo really "run the same offence he had in Winnipeg" without Andrew Harris and without the OL that Kyle Walters built? 

Furthermore, can lapo win without a defense doing it for him? I mean as a heads coach here the bombers were good enough to just barely lose. Lapo loves to play not to lose which isn't a sustainable winning strategy.

5 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Been watching your discussions and suggestions. Here's my look at it: going Cdn, rotating with our current group of DT's (Jake T. & Connor  G).  Fabian Foote (who was just released by Tor) and Stefan Charles (FA from Edmonton). We have the DE's , along with Global Hansen and a back up from signed list should be there i.e. (McCaliaster, Koloamatangi or other). 

I’ll spend the buck on Sewell than any of Foote and/or Charles

27 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

I expect that jake will be pretty locked in at one DT spot. 

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Nevis is a beast.  Period. 

Stove kinda reminds of Jerome Haywood, just a little taller. 

I feel like hes got atleast 5 inches on haywood. But the way he started every snap may have shrunk him in my memory. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

We don't need another DE. We already have the 2 best in the business - Jefferson & Jeffcoat. Plus the second year of Hansen and Antigha. 
We need a DT though - Richardson, Nevis, Sewell or Johnson... please.

+ alex mccallister is a beast in waiting.  Not to mention what if Kongbo comes back? That guy could be a system changer on a long term deal. 

Dl is the least of the bombers concern. Both lines are stacked deep with young talent and vet starters. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I expect that jake will be pretty locked in at one DT spot. 

I feel like hes got atleast 5 inches on haywood. But the way he started every snap may have shrunk him in my memory. 

+ alex mccallister is a beast in waiting.  Not to mention what if Kongbo comes back? That guy could be a system changer on a long term deal. 

Dl is the least of the bombers concern. Both lines are stacked deep with young talent and vet starters. 

JH was listed at 5'8"

SR 5'11"

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

McCallister and Kongbo are both DE's too. I like Kongbo to be resigned too. McCallister did not accept a PR spot before so you never know if he leaves again if he doesn't crack the lineup. 

But again, we have enough DE's already but we need an established DT.