2021 CFL Free Agency

Jpan85

54 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

2. Why do people think Lawler is heading East?

Lapo connection comes to mind....He knows how crowded our receiver stable is/was and I believe he'll make a play for him....Could offer him more cash BUT he's not the gm and Desjardins is pretty frugal...sooooo he could/might be back in Bomber blue

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Last off-season.  He would have been heading in to the 2nd year of his contract.

Probably didn't want to restructure. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Lapo connection comes to mind....He knows how crowded our receiver stable is/was and I believe he'll make a play for him....Could offer him more cash BUT he's not the gm and Desjardins is pretty frugal...sooooo he could/might be back in Bomber blue

I would never consider our receiver stable crowded. We have a number of average pass catchers that easily could be pushed out the door with competition. No big names will come here until we show we are going to open up our passing game. 

Big mistake by Ottawa... throwing away a QB with potential and who is healthy for a guy on a steep decline and has maybe top two seasons left in him.

If we are to believe 17to85... did they really need to sign Nichols if the gameplan revolves around 5 yard passes?  Couldn't they sign any immobile QB at a cheaper rate to dink and dunk passes?

Big time upgrade for Toronto and if they get MBT back then they'll at least have some decent CFL experience QB's who can throw the ball.