Game 6 : Oilers

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Per the interview I watched he seemed to indicate that he was under the 14 day restriction, and so he arrived Saturday night in Winnipeg.  From there I guess we do the math.  Feb 7th he would be able to practice with the team.

of note, on HNIC Saturday, they said the Jets are trying to get the quarantine reduced from 14 to 7 days because they flew him in on a private plane, rather than him flying commercial.... not sure if anything further has come of this request.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

of note, on HNIC Saturday, they said the Jets are trying to get the quarantine reduced from 14 to 7 days because they flew him in on a private plane, rather than him flying commercial.... not sure if anything further has come of this request.

Yes, they needed the gov'ts approval, hoping to match what was done for preseason. I hope it works. I don't like the idea of treating NHLers differently; however, with the NHL's protocols, there is little risk of transmission to anyone. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Yes, they needed the gov'ts approval, hoping to match what was done for preseason. I hope it works. I don't like the idea of treating NHLers differently; however, with the NHL's protocols, there is little risk of transmission to anyone. 

Agreed.  Not to mention, he can be tested daily, so it’s not the same as Joe public.  Seven days seems like more than enough.

13 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Agreed.  Not to mention, he can be tested daily, so it’s not the same as Joe public.  Seven days seems like more than enough.

I was fantasizing about Dubois being out there last night with Schief's line being essentially neutralized, and how a line of him, Copp and Ehlers would have just owned the Oilers second line all night, it would have been a much different game for sure.  If they can get Dubois back sooner (and safely of course) then I am all for it.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was fantasizing about Dubois being out there last night with Schief's line being essentially neutralized, and how a line of him, Copp and Ehlers would have just owned the Oilers second line all night, it would have been a much different game for sure.  If they can get Dubois back sooner (and safely of course) then I am all for it.

it still hasn't been decided

Image may contain: text that says 'com/ 2011 10 FANS FTHE WINNIPEG ET Just as an update, the NHL request to reduce Dubois's quarantine period and any player coming to a Canadian Team, as of now has not been decided. We will post as soon as we get any information. FYI this is a decision made by Health Canada, so don't make this political regardless of the decision.'