Expansion Draft - Seattle Kraken Edition

JCon

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

About Perreault? There was no way the Jets were going to protect him.

Lol. Did ppl think the Jets would protect UFAs? Lol. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Did ppl think the Jets would protect UFAs? Lol. 

List is what I thought it would be. Only decision was Logan vs Demelo and they made the right decision.  Bottom line is DeMelo is a 3rd pair guy. Stan likely is also but he has size which the Jets D severely lacks. 

Perreault is a Ufa. Teams don't protect those guys. Who will Seattle take? 

Appleton 

DeMelo is the more attractive player if skill  and position is the only factor (according to the stat heads), but with more than a few high priced players available (Price, Quick and Bishop in net, Subban and Giordano on defence, and Voracek, Tarasenko, Duchene and Johansson at forward, and some big ticket FA’s like Landeskog, the Kraken will need some good low contracts to round out the line-up, so Appleton as a middle 6 forward at $900,000 may be more appealing than DeMelo as a top 4 at best, maybe top 6 defenceman at $3,000,000. 

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Seattle close to inking deals with Adam Larsson (Edm), Jamie Oleksiak (Dal) and Mark Giordano (Cgy), as well as Chris Driedger (Fla) in goal.....not a bad start. Roster will be revealed at 8pm EST...

Reading this makes me believe even more that they will take Appleton before DeMelo

well I'll be keeping an eye on Frank's twitter all day, because I'm learning that they're not taking Tarasenko and they're not signing Price. Kind of shocked about this....does this mean they're not going to take Apples or Demelo?

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well I'll be keeping an eye on Frank's twitter all day, because I'm learning that they're not taking Tarasenko and they're not signing Price. Kind of shocked about this....does this mean they're not going to take Apples or Demelo?

They have to take someone from the Jets so either Apples or DeMelo or who knows...free the Niku!

So, if the Jets ARE going to trade for a Dman FROM Seattle we could get: Cholowski, Cale or Haydn Fleury, Will Borgen, Jeremy Lauzon, Gavin Bayreuther, Carson Soucy, Vince Dunn,  or MacDermid

I didn't include Larsson or Oleksiak because they've already signed their deals, and did they pick a captain yet if Giordano wasn't selected? come to think of it I'm not sure I should have the Fleury's on this list either