Game 1 : Flames

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Guess ppl missed the 1st. Jets sucked. 

Sorry but top 4 D don't turn the puck over as much as Forbort does. 

All in all tho after the complete crap show 1st.. Jets were the better team. 

Laine best player on the Ice not named Markstrom. 

Didn’t miss the 1st. Just don’t base my entire perception of a player off of 20 minutes. 

Things I noticed...

Jets will be saluting the late great player Bell on their helmet this season.

Too much white noise, Black noise matters.

Does anyone think there is more room behind the nets this year?

If you’re gonna put a car beside the rink you might as well increase the size of the ice to International. 

More cow bell.

Laine > Wheeler

Stastny has still got speed. 

Hey CJOB since you have the Jets rights how bout putting the score on your twitter page? Also giveaways. 

Just don’t have heart to pay 25$ for TSN yet. Kodi quality amazing tonight.

So thankful for my small town cable company that bypasses regional restrictions and gives me TSN 3 in small town Alberta. Can't imagine having to listen to the Calgary feed. Ugh. Managed to get Laine in the middle rounds of our fantasy draft.... Risk/reward but the reward could be big. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So thankful for my small town cable company that bypasses regional restrictions and gives me TSN 3 in small town Alberta. Can't imagine having to listen to the Calgary feed. Ugh. Managed to get Laine in the middle rounds of our fantasy draft.... Risk/reward but the reward could be big. 

Contract year. Great pick-up in your fantasy draft. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Rick Ball is pretty insufferable. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Gordie Howe Hat Trick. Good win. Jets were clearly better for most of that game.

The loser point really, really, really sucks this year. Beat the Flames but it's only worth a point. No other league hates it's customers worse than the NHL. 

Actually not a GHHT. He was assessed a minor and Laine quoted in the paper about being pissed off about that.

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Actually not a GHHT. He was assessed a minor and Laine quoted in the paper about being pissed off about that.

Since the GHHT is not an official mark, I don't care what the scorecard said. 

Crikey, the person it was named after only "achieved" it twice in his very, very, very, long career. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Patrik didn't play like he wants to leave.....(ahem)...Just like I said when we picked up Stastney ..the whole picture changed ...His play against a very tough team in Cal. said a lot last night..I think Laine will be around for quite awhile...GO JETS

We have to find a way to keep him happy.  Wheeler to me is starting to show his age and maybe has one or two decent seasons left in him.  If it is just a matter of money they can find a way to pay Laine. If that means Statsny is here for only one year and Perfetti is the 2nd line center next year so be it. 

If you can keep Laine protected on the second line because the top line matches up the other team's checking line, you're golden all year long. That's why splitting 55 and 29 is a good thing. He can get just as many minutes and just as many scoring opportunities on the 2nd line. If they start running the checking line out against 29, that gives the "top" line more chances. 

On 2021-01-14 at 8:11 PM, Noeller said:

NHL Live is the only option here....

On 2021-01-14 at 10:11 PM, Noeller said:

Are the TSN channels even considered regional? I know the SN ones are. I dont get the whole blocking of games thing.

On 2021-01-14 at 1:18 PM, JCon said:

Logan Stanley? Some are going to lose their minds, even if he's only sitting in the press box. 

On 2021-01-14 at 1:51 PM, Noeller said:

I want SO BADLY for Logan Stanley to pan out, just as a giant **** you to all the whiners..... ha ha.

@JCon @Noeller  One season ago :D

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg