The RIP 2021 Thread

tacklewasher

As of earlier this year, the talk was that Donner was, at 91, going to be directing a 5th Lethal Weapon movie. I still have no clue how they're ever going to do that with Glover and Gibson being as old as they are....and I'd imagine this further throws a wrench into it. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As of earlier this year, the talk was that Donner was, at 91, going to be directing a 5th Lethal Weapon movie. I still have no clue how they're ever going to do that with Glover and Gibson being as old as they are....and I'd imagine this further throws a wrench into it. 

Should have stopped after 2 as it was intended or so they say.

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They could make it as a zombie movie like "Dead Heat."

Surprised the Bombers haven't issued a statement acknowledging the passing of  former assistant coach Ellis Rainsberger on July 17th.  He was the Bombers OC under Ray Jauch from 1978-82 which coincided with the most successful years that Dieter Brock had as a qb with the Bombers. Under Rainsberger, Brock became a prolific pocket passer able to see the whole field rather than primarily a sprint out left & right quarterback that he was under HC Bud Riley & just concentrating on seeing half the field.

With Rainsberger as his coach over the next 5 seasons, Brock would throw for 19,480 yards. He attempted 2,463 paases & completed 1,460. He threw 126 TD passes & 72 interceptions. The Bombers reached the Western Semi Final in 1978 & 81 as well as the Western Final in 1980 & 82. Under Rainsberger's tutelage, Brock was a CFL Western Division All Star in 1980, 81 & 82 as well CFL All Canadian QB in 1980 & 81.  He would also win back to back CFL Most Outstanding Player Awards in 1980 & 81.

After he left the Bombers, Rainsberger became an assistant coach with the Denver Gold in 1983 & then Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Maulers both of the USFL. He returned to the CFL in 1986 to the end of the 1988 season where he coached the OL with the Toronto Argonauts. He retired following the 2007 season after 3 years with the Miami Dolphins as a scout. Rainsberger was 88 years of age.

RIP Ellis Rainsberger. Those years you spent coaching Dieter Brock was magical. 

https://www.cflaa.ca/cfl-alumnus-ellis-rainsberger-passes/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cfl-alumnus-ellis-rainsberger-passes

Edited by SpeedFlex27