Bombers Signings

Noeller

Henderson looks like he sees the field really well and knows how to follow his blockers with patience. He doesn't have the top end speed to get the corner in the CFL but he has an impressive burst. A very smart runner. If he can catch he might hang around and give Nelson a run for his money. Always like to have lots of KR/PR options because in the CFL they can make life so much easier on the offence.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Henderson looks like he sees the field really well and knows how to follow his blockers with patience. He doesn't have the top end speed to get the corner in the CFL but he has an impressive burst. A very smart runner. If he can catch he might hang around and give Nelson a run for his money. Always like to have lots of KR/PR options because in the CFL they can make life so much easier on the offence.

In the video clips, he flat-outran his pursuers and was pulling away from them every time. His hands are a question mark though. 

The guy is flat out fast.....starts out really quick...turns it on and then has that extra gear leaving the opposition in the dust....We called Roberts blink....night have to call this guy blurr...At 192 he's no light weight either....most likely can take the heavy hitting and keep on ticking....Like what I see ....and hope to hell we get this season going so we can get a look at this guy

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The guy is flat out fast.....starts out really quick...turns it on and then has that extra gear leaving the opposition in the dust....We called Roberts blink....night have to call this guy blurr...At 192 he's no light weight either....most likely can take the heavy hitting and keep on ticking....Like what I see ....and hope to hell we get this season going so we can get a look at this guy

I'll just call him "Quads". :D

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

In the video clips, he flat-outran his pursuers and was pulling away from them every time. His hands are a question mark though. 

Weird cause i saw him get caught from behind on a few occasions. His combine lists him at a 4.5/40 which is quick but not exceptionally fast.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Weird cause i saw him get caught from behind on a few occasions. His combine lists him at a 4.5/40 which is quick but not exceptionally fast.

That's pretty slow for a "speedy" guy. Hopefully, we'll see him in camp this spring/summer. 

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He wasnt a track guy, just a fast football player. His pro day dropped to a low of 4.38 and a high of 4.41. He shows tremendous initial burst, and a really good top gear. He isnt banks or lucky, but hes a well balanced fast guy with good size. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Charles Roberts didn't have amazing top end speed. Quickness and acceleration can be more important in my opinion.

Charlie rarely hit top end speed. His conditioning was less than stellar so he often got caught from behind. I shudder to think what kind of numbers he would have put up if he had Stegall’s discipline for fitness. 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Charles Roberts didn't have amazing top end speed. Quickness and acceleration can be more important in my opinion.

This was my thoughts exactly. It amazes me how some players are just so hard to duplicate.

We think of running backs and wide receivers as a dime a dozen. And then I think of charlie and I think.... truly one of a kind. 

In my time watching football, he was my favorite player to ever watch. Anything could happen 

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

This was my thoughts exactly. It amazes me how some players are just so hard to duplicate.

We think of running backs and wide receivers as a dime a dozen. And then I think of charlie and I think.... truly one of a kind. 

In my time watching football, he was my favorite player to ever watch. Anything could happen 

Nobody I have ever watched play ball has made me say wow more than Chaz. 

A true legend.  

21 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He looks more elusive than outright fast, and appears to read his blocking well when moving upfield.

I agree. It appears he is very adept at running through a phone booth of defenders, makes excellent cuts and reads the blocks very well. Another guy like that....Andrew Harris. Flat out speed helps in the open field and to get the edge but elusiveness is the X factor imo.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Those times whe he would disappear behind guys like Sheridan or Bobo and then pop out and break ankles... if only that guy gave a damn he could have been the best ever.

Before i got married and had a daughter i would always take the first week of training camp off from work and head down to check out camp and chat with the old timers. I probably went every year for nearly 15 years, smack dab in Charlie's hay day. Not one time in all his years did i see him stretch or exercise during camp lol. Every time all the players would be gathered doing their stretching on the field, he would be sitting on his helmet talking to Milt lol. If only he gave a **** he could have been the greatest all-time, no doubt in my mind. Milt has said the same. Its a shame really, but man was he fun to watch.

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

People forget his best 40 time was 4.61. I dont think any football player has ever had the quickness blink had and a top gear. 

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Charlie rarely hit top end speed. His conditioning was less than stellar so he often got caught from behind. I shudder to think what kind of numbers he would have put up if he had Stegall’s discipline for fitness. 

Conditioning wasnt a serious issue for blink despite his build. He got better and better later into the game I never once saw him pulled late in the game with 25-30 carries because he was gassed. He was how ever an unrefined athlete. An un cut gem. No doubt he wouldve developed more top end speed if he treated his body like milt did. But with the level of success he had as a 165lbs feature back with a heavy work load and how healthy he managed to stay is miraculous. If you change any thing maybe he burns out much earlier.