Bombers Signings

Noeller

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

Just to comment on the bombers being a premiere destination,

We as fans, ******* deserve it. Went through a lot of **** the past 2 decades.

Stuck by a truly awful franchise, in contention as one of the worst in pro sport

Worst.....yeah you could say that BUT with a tremendous past ....We have appeared in more Grey Cups than any other CFL club and stand third in overall Cup wins......I think the great history of the Bombers kept everyone around, with the thought greatness will return....Sure was a long time in coming tough...but hey we're back....just ask Rod Pederson...lol

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

Worst.....yeah you could say that BUT with a tremendous past ....We have appeared in more Grey Cups than any other CFL club and stand third in overall Cup wins......I think the great history of the Bombers kept everyone around, with the thought greatness will return....Sure was a long time in coming tough...but hey we're back....just ask Rod Pederson...lol

Maybe for you sir, I was born in 1993. I began to watch the Bombers in 2004. LOL. 

Some good years. I watched 07 in Toronto as a gift from my Dad. And 2011 was okay...

Doug berry years were respectable. Everything else...

Edited by CodyT

3 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Maybe for you sir, I was born in 1993. I began to watch the Bombers in 2004. LOL. 

Some good years. I watched 07 in Toronto as a gift from my Dad. And 2011 was okay...

Doug berry years were respectable. Everything else...

So many absolute gong shows.  The horrible '05 defense, after Rod Rust left the DC position (shudder).

The irony - that was actually one of KG5's better years, and Milt was still Milt. 

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I would watch 1000 losing Reinbold seasons before I watched a repeat of that shameful Burke turtle game.

Good 'ol Sleepy Joe Mack's final season thank christ. Left us with one last awesome draft class. What a doozy too. Had to go out with one final bang.  Clueless Jackass.

Round Pick Player Position School/Club Team
1 2 Andy Mulumba DE Eastern Michigan
2 11 Kristopher Robertson DB Concordia
3 20 Carl Fitzgerald WR Saint Mary's
4 29 Michael DiCroce WR McMaster
6 46 Stephen Alli WR Florida
7 54 Billy Pavopoulos PK British Columbia

Can you say barf?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Good 'ol Sleepy Joe Mack's final season thank christ. Left us with one last awesome draft class. What a doozy too. Had to go out with one final bang.  Clueless Jackass.

Round Pick Player Position School/Club Team
1 2 Andy Mulumba DE Eastern Michigan
2 11 Kristopher Robertson DB Concordia
3 20 Carl Fitzgerald WR Saint Mary's
4 29 Michael DiCroce WR McMaster
6 46 Stephen Alli WR Florida
7 54 Billy Pavopoulos PK British Columbia

Can you say barf?

Gawd, I hope someone doesn't start a "Where's Andy Mulamba" thread again.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I would watch 1000 losing Reinbold seasons before I watched a repeat of that shameful Burke turtle game.

Jeff Reinbold's teams were bad but they never gave up even though they got hammered. Neither did Reinbold.

As to what was the worst Blue Bomber team ever??? Well 2013 would get my nod as the worst Blue Bomber team ever & I lived thru the terrible Joe Zaleski years in the late 60's after Bud Grant left.

That 2013 Bomber team was indeed special in the wrong way. It may have been among the worst if not the worst team ever fielded in the CFL. It went 3-15 including a 53-17 loss at home to the BC Lions on September 27th. QB Jason Boltus went 8 of 25 for 91 yards that night for no touchdowns & 3 interceptions with a QB Rating of 4.3. His performance was so bad that it became memorable. No one thought a qb could actually play that badly. Yet he did. 

Head Coach Tim Burke was so in over his head, that he sank farther than the deepest part of the Marianas Trench. Then we had Sleepy Joe Mack as GM. Marcel Desjardins only drafted 6 Blue Bombers in the 2014 Ottawa expansion draft instead of 7. He didn't want any more of our players as he didn't think any of them could make the team. . 

17029624.jpg

The 2013 Blue Bomber QB Class: Left to Right: Jason Boltus #16, Max Hall #15 & Justin Goltz #18. No idea who #6 is...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Marcel Desjardins only drafted 6 Blue Bombers in the 2014 Ottawa expansion draft instead of 7. He didn't want any more of our players as he didn't think any of them could make the team. .

Even worse than that, he took Rory Kohlert in the final round of the draft (a pending free agent with a handshake deal to return to Winnipeg) then went infront of the press and explained there was no-one else worth picking and he wouldn't have selected anyone from the Blue if he didn't have to. So he insulted us and Rory by saying he'd rather have had nothing at all than a chance to negotiate with a reliable N receiver.

2013 was my Nam. I have PTSD flashbacks every time I see someone straighten their tie

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Even worse than that, he took Rory Kohlert in the final round of the draft (a pending free agent with a handshake deal to return to Winnipeg) then went infront of the press and explained there was no-one else worth picking and he wouldn't have selected anyone from the Blue if he didn't have to. So he insulted us and Rory by saying he'd rather have had nothing at all than a chance to negotiate with a reliable N receiver.

2013 was my Nam. I have PTSD flashbacks every time I see someone straighten their tie

And adjust their cuff links.

21 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Their 2012 draft picks are equally awful if not for their last pick and longest serving Bomber fatboi Thomas

Tyson Pencer, Johnny Aprille, Christo Bilukidi, Rene Stephan

Pencer was going to be the next best thing. Elite level headcase.

Wasn't his uncle a Hell's Angel? 

Ah yes...there sure have been some bombs coaching this club ....and horrendous GM's  BUT I always reflected back to the Bud Grant years to get the bad taste out of my mouth...We were something else and one helluva feared club... For example ,can't remember the name of the player, but in a game in saskabush he was quoted as saying in the dressing room before the game, 'how much do we want to beat these yokels by tonight'...We were that good ...a little arrogant,yes but you had to be damn good to be that way...We were spoiled in those days of Ploen and Lewis and guys like Herb Gray and the Cup years just kept on rollin' in.....THEN, when Bud left for the Vikes, it all went bad...I'm old enough to remember those great old days and for you young guys I wished you could experience some of that feeling of that era...One thing I did notice and got a great kick out of was our 2019 Cup win and that parade with Streve and the guys just having fun... Now picture that celebration ,in an era when we put together that type of atmosphere , a bunch of years in a row, and you'll get the feeling that we had back then...I hope we can do it again

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Ah yes...there sure have been some bombs coaching this club ....and horrendous GM's  BUT I always reflected back to the Bud Grant years to get the bad taste out of my mouth...We were something else and one helluva feared club... For example ,can't remember the name of the player, but in a game in saskabush he was quoted as saying in the dressing room before the game, 'how much do we want to beat these yokels by tonight'...We were that good ...a little arrogant,yes but you had to be damn good to be that way...We were spoiled in those days of Ploen and Lewis and guys like Herb Gray and the Cup years just kept on rollin' in.....THEN, when Bud left for the Vikes, it all went bad...I'm old enough to remember those great old days and for you young guys I wished you could experience some of that feeling of that era...One thing I did notice and got a great kick out of was our 2019 Cup win and that parade with Streve and the guys just having fun... Now picture that celebration ,in an era when we put together that type of atmosphere , a bunch of years in a row, and you'll get the feeling that we had back then...I hope we can do it again

I want us to catch & surpass Edmonton for 2nd place in all time Grey Cup wins. I think we're two behind to tie. That will make the Melon Head Rider fans heads explode. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Pencer was going to be the next best thing. Elite level headcase.

Wasn't his uncle a Hell's Angel? 

Maybe he was. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And adjust their cuff links.

I would have supported Justin Goltz more back then but he drove me nuts as a fan with his ridiculous TD celebrations of adjusting his tie & cuff links. We'd be losing by 3 or 4 TDs, he scores on short yardage in garbage time & began doing that ****. Or he started something like 7 career Bomber games, wins one & was pulling that crap on a 3-15 team. All that did was piss the other team off & then they'd beat us down into submission even worse. Seems I remember Goltz doing that even rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way as well but I may be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would have supported Justin Goltz more back then but he drove me nuts as a fan with his ridiculous TD celebrations of adjusting his tie & cuff links. We'd be losing by 3 or 4 TDs, he scores on short yardage in garbage time & began doing that ****. Or he started something like 7 career Bomber games, wins one & was pulling that crap on a 3-15 team. All that did was piss the other team off & then they'd beat us down into submission even worse. Seems I remember Goltz doing that even rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way as well but I may be wrong. 

The only thing I remember being publicly reported at the time was our interim head coach (Time Burke) stating he should cease doing those celebrations...

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Per CFL.ca transaction page, we signed this guy. Might be a possible replacement for Lucky.

https://pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/football/roster/quadree-henderson/5634

Next man up same as always. I like the way he runs north south as much as possible. Find a lane/angle and cuts it up. No dancing around to try and make some thing happen.  Didnt put up great measurables but clearly has some moves, burst and great top end speed.