Bombers Signings

Noeller

14 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Tyrell Sutton? I know we're obviously set at RB with Harris, but that would be one hell of a one-two punch.

Lol, they could also bring back any of the following former castaways:

Kevin Fogg
Taylor Loffler
Henoc Muamba

Im ok with Muamba and/or Loffler. 

Muamba can rotate at WIL and MAC. He is very good on ST too. The $ must be reasonable though.

Loffler should come in cheap but the question is, is he healthy enough to play after his recent injury. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Tyrell Sutton? I know we're obviously set at RB with Harris, but that would be one hell of a one-two punch.

Lol, they could also bring back any of the following former castaways:

Kevin Fogg
Taylor Loffler
Henoc Muamba

No to all of those. I'm gonna assume these were all tongue in cheek suggestions because non of them make any sense. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

No to all of those. I'm gonna assume these were all tongue in cheek suggestions because non of them make any sense. 

Right? Like Tyrell Sutton?? We have an NI RB.... you can't have an IMP back-up.....cripes. And you've already got Johnny August and Brady O waiting in the wings....

15 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

exume signed with the als today

15 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

No surprise there. Walters mentioned that he's about to become a father and wanted to get back to Montreal to be closer to his family.

That sucks for us, but It makes sense. Hes a great young talent and im sure he will do really well in montreal. 

6 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/02/11/insider-talk-free-agency-market-crash-the-cfls-new-highest-paid-non-quarterback/

The Bombers are really high on Sean McGuire. That’s why they didn’t go out and sign a backup quarterback in free agency.

Image result for captain obvious

His talent is legit. I would still love to see a vet qb in camp to push him though. Positional competition brings the best out of every one. But its not a surprise. I mean the fa market doesnt really have a guy you want as a vet back up to teach your prospect. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Muamba can rotate at WIL and MAC. He is very good on ST too. The $ must be reasonable though.

Loffler should come in cheap but the question is, is he healthy enough to play after his recent injury. 

ick 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Right? Like Tyrell Sutton?? We have an NI RB.... you can't have an IMP back-up.....cripes. And you've already got Johnny August and Brady O waiting in the wings....

you mean like we did with flanders? 😆 Augustine was cut by half the league and brady didnt stay healthy as a back up. We arent set by any means, but rb is an easy position to recruit talent at. It doesnt make sense to dumpster dive FA for rbs unless your scouting sucks.

5 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I mean after Streveler’s disaster against the Rams (he was used horribly), you’d have to think there’s a decent chance he’s back in the CFL by the time the season starts. 

cardinals signed another qb who will be competition for him.

The Arizona Cardinals now have three quarterbacks on the roster signed for 2021. Kyler Murray and backup Chris Streveler are already under contract for next season. They added a third on Thursday.

The team announced the addition of Cole McDonald on a futures deal for the upcoming season.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/04/cole-mcdonald-signs-futures-deal-arizona-cardinals/

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I don't really want any part of Loffler's injury history....Muamba, I don't want any part of his attitude..... I think we're mostly set with what we have right now. 

No Loffler please. Injury history, and its amazing how soon people forget what a liability he was in coverage. Can lay the big hit from time to time but more often than not was in the trail position getting torched for big yardage/TD's.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

you mean like we did with flanders? 😆 Augustine was cut by half the league and brady didnt stay healthy as a back up. We arent set by any means, but rb is an easy position to recruit talent at. It doesnt make sense to dumpster dive FA for rbs unless your scouting sucks.

Oliveira got hurt basically minutes into his first game..in a freak injury at that...hardly was a case of not being able to stay healthy, and had no injury issues in College

Augustine was cut by Edmonton, and then signed by the Riders...just puked in my mouth there sorry....and was cut prior to camp...dumb move by them but a score for us

In spot play over 2 years has average 6.5 yards a carry so for a Canadian back up yeah we are set just fine..Harris goes down in a game we won't be yanking an American receiver to play a DI rb who would be a waste of roster space as 98% of plays in the game he would be firmly planted on the bench

52 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No Loffler please. Injury history, and its amazing how soon people forget what a liability he was in coverage. Can lay the big hit from time to time but more often than not was in the trail position getting torched for big yardage/TD's.

yeah, after Loffler and Hecht, I'm done with safeties that can't cover.  All those big leads we blew in 2019...

Our switch to Alexander at safety was huge in the Grey Cup run, our passing defence suddenly became fearsome, and we didn't blow any more 21-point leads after we made that change.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I hope that the fairweather fans in Ottawa will still support the team after another crappy season.... 

That's Desjardins. He somehow fluked out a few good seasons in Ottawa whether by luck, hook or crook but now he's the same guy that ground the Ti Cats into the ground when he was GM there. 

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

All we saw with Taylor Loffler in his final season is the name on the back of his jersey as he was constantly beaten over the top by the speedy wideouts we have playing in the CFL. I saw nothing in the short time he played with the Als to change my mind. No thanks. He's done. He can't cover anymore. Also, his style of play leads to nothing but penalties with the recent rule changes. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's Desjardins. He somehow fluked out a few good seasons in Ottawa whether by luck, hook or crook but now he's the same guy that ground the Ti Cats into the ground when he was GM there. 

All we saw with Taylor Loffler in his final season with the Bombers is the name on the back of his jersey as he was constantly beaten over the top by the speedy wideouts we have playing in the CFL. I saw nothing in the short time he played with the Als to change my mind. No thanks. He's done. He can't cover anymore. Also, his style of play leads to nothing but penalties with the recent rule changes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't know if there is anyone that fits the bill with this but I would like to see the team signed a guy or two that is really respected around the league that has played forever but has not won a cup. Sometimes its that extra motivation after winning a championship to get you back. Not a big need but it would make it interesting.

as Sean McIndoe (Down Goes Brown) would say.... OGWAC (old guy without a cup).... Stegall can probably still play :D 

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I hope that the fairweather fans in Ottawa will still support the team after another crappy season.... 

I totally agree with that quote you posted... but I'm curious to know the source... thanks

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I don't know if there is anyone that fits the bill with this but I would like to see the team signed a guy or two that is really respected around the league that has played forever but has not won a cup. Sometimes its that extra motivation after winning a championship to get you back. Not a big need but it would make it interesting.

Roc Carmichael

9 hours ago, Booch said:

Oliveira got hurt basically minutes into his first game..in a freak injury at that...hardly was a case of not being able to stay healthy, and had no injury issues in College

Augustine was cut by Edmonton, and then signed by the Riders...just puked in my mouth there sorry....and was cut prior to camp...dumb move by them but a score for us

In spot play over 2 years has average 6.5 yards a carry so for a Canadian back up yeah we are set just fine..Harris goes down in a game we won't be yanking an American receiver to play a DI rb who would be a waste of roster space as 98% of plays in the game he would be firmly planted on the bench

Can bet just about any thing that itll be demski getting the 2nd most touches out of the back field this year. 6.5 ypc... on 2 games worth of carries 😆 pumping him as more then a solid back up is rider fan base stuff. Ankle injuries arent any thing to under rate in a rb. 

17 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yes and yes... all of those suggested signings were sarcastic at best... to clear the air this is what I'd actually think if they signed any of those players:

Tyrell Sutton is the only guy that hasn't won a Grey Cup and I think would put in the work, I'd think he'd be a good temporary replacement if Harris hadn't re-signed. Obviously with Harris here again though to me this would be a case of money better spent elsewhere.

Taylor Loffler high-risk, high-reward here... he's been plagued by injuries, and although there is potential upside here, we've done a decent job recruiting DBs the last few years. If the price was right, sure (I guess?) but really, I think today's CFL has passed Loffler by, also I don't think he'd mesh well with Hall's style.

Henoc Muamba great player, and Canadian to boot... but we would most certainly have to overpay for him to get here. That's not to say Bombers are viewed as a bad org, that's to say everyone he's played for since being in Winnipeg as a rookie has had to overpay for him. 

Kevin Fogg this would be the only one I'd actually be moderately okay with... but his biggest upside (at least when he was here) was his abilities as a kick returner. With Grant on the scene, this would be similar to a Sutton signing... that money could go better elsewhere.

TLDR; You guys both saw right through my facade, and yes, these would all be terrible signings.

Kevin Fogg

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Yes and yes... all of those suggested signings were sarcastic at best... to clear the air this is what I'd actually think if they signed any of those players:

Tyrell Sutton is the only guy that hasn't won a Grey Cup and I think would put in the work, I'd think he'd be a good temporary replacement if Harris hadn't re-signed. Obviously with Harris here again though to me this would be a case of money better spent elsewhere.

Taylor Loffler high-risk, high-reward here... he's been plagued by injuries, and although there is potential upside here, we've done a decent job recruiting DBs the last few years. If the price was right, sure (I guess?) but really, I think today's CFL has passed Loffler by, also I don't think he'd mesh well with Hall's style.

Henoc Muamba great player, and Canadian to boot... but we would most certainly have to overpay for him to get here. That's not to say Bombers are viewed as a bad org, that's to say everyone he's played for since being in Winnipeg as a rookie has had to overpay for him. 

Kevin Fogg this would be the only one I'd actually be moderately okay with... but his biggest upside (at least when he was here) was his abilities as a kick returner. With Grant on the scene, this would be similar to a Sutton signing... that money could go better elsewhere.

TLDR; You guys both saw right through my facade, and yes, these would all be terrible signings.

Kevin Fogg

No thanks to all the above. A mishmash of players that play positions we really dont have a need for, injury risks, jerks, and guys past their prime that werent that good to begin with. Our roster is nearly set already. Ill trust Walters to add some bit pieces here and there.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Can bet just about any thing that itll be demski getting the 2nd most touches out of the back field this year. 6.5 ypc... on 2 games worth of carries 😆 pumping him as more then a solid back up is rider fan base stuff. Ankle injuries arent any thing to under rate in a rb. 

Yeah solid back-up for an in-game issue....and not messing up other aspects of our ratio in game...cant go wrong there, and if he has to play a game or 2 behind our line..again..no issues there and doesn't disrupt the apple cart.

I have trained with and seen Oliveira training...no issues with his ankle and if anything is now in better shape than start of 2019 season...again...solid depth ans starter capable