Bombers Signings

Noeller

On 2021-02-08 at 11:58 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah thought Miles and Rush would be back for sure.

I met John Rush in the fall. Really nice guy. We chatted a little about football and his situation. I got the feeling from our discussion that he would love to come back if there was a contract offered but looks like they’re ready to move on. 

just pursuing the Bombers line up... the only hole I really can see right now is maybe depth at DT, LB and Canadian WR... maybe they're hoping the camps bodies will take care of DL and LB... O-Leary-Orange and Bockru are the only Cdn back ups right now but I wouldn't be surprised if they add another in the draft... 

Looking like a pretty solid off-season for the Bombers...

In his last season with Edmonton, Mitchell caught 60 catches for 861 yards in 10 games.

"If you extrapolate his stats from the games he started, he would have led the league in receiving." - Brock Sunderland

3 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

In his last season with Edmonton, Mitchell caught 60 catches for 861 yards in 10 games.

"If you extrapolate his stats from the games he started, he would have led the league in receiving." - Brock Sunderland

He was also playing alongside Duke Williams, so there's that.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I didnt see us going after anyone in free agency, or needing to actually, but this is a nice bonus..A true big play guy, and 2 years of healing now will have him back to his peak..I like.

My only concern is DT...We have Stove who is solid as you can get, and a Rotating Jake but after that it's up in the air, unless they have a TC guy coming unbeknownst to us...There are some Draft prospects this year, but still a raw rookie isn't the answer coming out of the Canadian draft. I'm assuming Griffiths may get some snaps this year, but he isn't gonna be a game changer at this point.

I almost sense a more fluid front with one "true" DT and a lot of sets with the 2 Jeffs and one of Antigha/Hansen or possibly McCallister coming from all angles...did us well in the playoffs, and would give O-lines fits

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So I'm curious what the receiving corps looks like if Mitchell is healthy and good to go. Seems like Lawler and Bailey fighting for one spot, right? Adams-Mitchell-Lawler/Bailey-Demski-Woogie? 

If Mitchell will start, one of Lawler and Bailey will be out of the line-up, possibly Bailey.
I think he will be replaced by a smallish receiver who can also do returns to tandem with Grant.