Bombers Signings

Noeller

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just hope the team does right by Bighill until the day he retires. That in the future he isn't cut because he's owed a performance bonus. Especially after what he did for the team. That wouldn't have been easy financially for his family. I really hope the team & management appreciates it. 

The club paid him $100,000 in bonus money in 2020 to not play one down. I’d say they did right by him, and he has returned the favour. 

Really interesting stuff.... Whitehead, based on his social media, would really like to come back, but I'm sure wants to maximize his value. Miles and Rush are two guys I thought would be slam dunks to return....guess not. Exume might want to be closer to home and Peterman just wants a place to start. Fair enough. 

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Really interesting stuff.... Whitehead, based on his social media, would really like to come back, but I'm sure wants to maximize his value. Miles and Rush are two guys I thought would be slam dunks to return....guess not. Exume might want to be closer to home and Peterman just wants a place to start. Fair enough. 

I have a feeling the team is ready to move on from Rush and Miles where as Lucky and Peterman want to start. 

Just too many guys in line looking for starts. Happened on our OLine, now it's happening with our receivers. Woli and Demski ahead of Petey, Grant an co. ahead of Lucky... having too many good players to hold on to is a good problem to have. I personally think Lucky has superstar written all over him, and might go off in a place that lets their WRs be WRs

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah thought Miles and Rush would be back for sure.

Lucky is a surprise.....can't blame the guy for wanting to start....Guess we're out of luck....No more rumours about guys heading our way???   I thought we might be in the market for another receiver??As far as Meds. goes he might want to call it a career UNLESS someone wants to pay him some real stupid money...that might change his mind

Justin Medlock, K: Made 37 of 43 field goals and produced a career-tying best 44.5-yard average on punts in 2019. Tied a CFL record by hitting six of seven field goals in the Grey Cup. Contemplating retirement.

Lucky Whitehead, REC/K-RET: Started 15 regular-season games and ranked second on the team with 52 catches, producing 521 yards and two touchdowns. Also ran nine times for 92 yards and a touchdown, while producing another major on a kickoff return. Did not dress in the playoffs.

Chad Rempel, LS: The CFL’s longest-serving player suited up for 15 regular-season games as the long snapper, plus the West Final and Grey Cup.

Thomas Miles, LB: A Winnipegger who played all 21 games in 2019, making eight special-teams tackles and four on defence. Won the team’s Ed Kotowich Good Guy Award, and is believed to be considering a post-football career.

Daniel Petermann, REC: Dressed for all 21 games in his second season, started two and caught 15 passes for 118 yards and a touchdown.

Kerfalla Exume, DB: An eight-round pick who made an impact as a rookie on special teams, tying for the team lead with 25 tackles.

Maxime Latour, LS: joined the practice roster after Rempel got hurt in the Labour Day Classic. Played in the Banjo Bowl, two more regular-season games and the Western semifinal.

John Rush, FB: Suited up for all 21 games, making seven special-teams tackles, one of them in the playoffs.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/look-for-bombers-to-stand-pat-in-free-agenzzzzzzzz?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Sleeper free-agency pickups in DT position are: Baron Woody (MTL) and Michael Wakefield (OTT) both started for their respective teams and have almost the same stats with Stove. I think they would be cheaper option than Micah Johnson. 

With DTs stats don't always tell the tale

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Hope Medlock comes back. I'd argue kicker is the second-most important position on a CFL team behind QB.

LT is second most important... Without question. Medlock is important but if Legghio is as good as they say, it should be alright... Plus they can go NI at P, and use a DI elsewhere. 

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

I know that... but having 27 tackles/1 sack or 32 tackles/4 sacks is better than nothing. 

And nothing is where the bar is...? 

37 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I know that... but having 27 tackles/1 sack or 32 tackles/4 sacks is better than unproven. 

I thought you were comparing them to Micah Johnson. I don't really have a horse in the race. I've just never heard of the guys you mentioned and stats aren't doing it for me.

What do you think of those guys? 

9 hours ago, BBlink said:

I thought you were comparing them to Micah Johnson. I don't really have a horse in the race. I've just never heard of the guys you mentioned and stats aren't doing it for me.

What do you think of those guys? 

I'm not comparing them to Micah Johnson. For sure he will cost a lot. And if he doesn't fit Walters’ budget those two are a cheaper options. They started games so the experience is there. Kinda like when we pickup Nevis after a year playing for Ham, no one thought Walters will pick him up.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

54 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So according to my facebook memories, five years ago today, we signed Harris+Medlock. Also Ryan Smith, Keith Shologon, Andrew Keeping and Eluicid Cummings.

Some hits and misses there for sure. I remember that day well. I just wish that Harris would have been a "never saw it coming" type signing. It was pretty anti-climactic. Exciting....but not the Christmas morning eye-popper type that makes FA day so exciting.